━ 𝟏𝟔

AFTER MARTINA'S INCREDIBLE ACCEPTANCE OF HER POWERS, the next few weeks were spent training, testing, and spending every free second with Bucky. 

She found that everyday they both discovered something new about him. Whenever they would watch movies, Bucky particularly liked the ones filled with the most action, and would constantly complain about the historical inaccuracies dealing with World War II. He liked Earl Grey tea and he only drank it lukewarm. He would blush whenever any Avenger would mention his relationship with Martina, and he'd always kiss her right after as if to prove he cherished it above all else. 

Despite still expressing hints of shame for his lack-luster gentlemanly behavior, they had gotten into the habit of sharing her room. Bucky would always start off sleeping on the left side of the bed spooning Martina, but he always ended up in the center of the bed and dragged her along with him- something she did not mind in the slightest. 

He would never purposefully try to be funny, but whenever he would say something under his breath or clap back at some of Loki's antics, they would all laugh. 

She found that he liked making people laugh. 

Bucky aside, Martina was excelling wonderfully with her training. She, Artemis, and Wanda were currently sparring, utilizing some new moves that the veterans had taught her. 

When Artemis went to tackle her, Martina raised up her leg and shot fire out of her foot. 

Wanda clapped her hand in the air as she placed her hands on her hips. "Thank God Stark made us all fireproof suits. Fighting against you is fun." 

"Woah!" Artemis cried, dodging the flames as she rolled over onto the floor. "Damn! You've gotten really good at that!"

"Thanks," Martina laughed, wiping the sweat off her forehead. "I like to practice them on your fiance."

"Oh, for the love of everything that's holy, please say that in front of Stark. I'll pay you," Wanda said, clasping her hands in front of her mouth. 

Martina's face scrunched up. "Ew, Wanda, no. When he's in his Frost Giant form, I know that simple flames can't hurt him. He's actually been really helpful during this process. I've learned just how much energy I need to put out to create different strengths."

"Don't inflate his ego too much," Artemis pleaded, stretching her arms over her head. "It's already too big, to begin with."

"Too late, my huntress."

Loki sauntered in the room, wearing his traditional Asgardian clothes that Martina hadn't seen in a while, with a smug smirk on his face. 

"Artemis, love," he said, holding her arm. "You have a dress fitting in Asgard. Or, have you forgotten that our wedding is imminent?"

"You make it sound like a death sentence," Wanda said, rolling her eyes at him. 

Loki shrugged. "Well, it is- Ow! It was a joke woman!"

Artemis narrowed her eyes at him. "I have had not one, not two, but thirteen dress fittings. At this point, I'll wear anything as long as it's not white."

"She doesn't like white?" Martina asked Wanda. 

Wanda grinned evilly. "No, she doesn't like lying."

"Must I remind you that the last royal wedding was Odin and Frigga's? The ladies as well as everyone else are so excited. Most of them were so young when the last wedding occurred. Where is my compassionate fiancee?"