━ 𝟏𝟎

APPLE IN ONE HAND AND CONFIDENCE IN ANOTHER, Martina made her way out of the kitchen with determination, trying not to talk herself out of what she was about to do. She was snapped out of her quandary as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her hips and pull her into the corridor. 

Martina gasped slightly when she saw it was Bucky who had dragged her away and was about to tease him until he bent down and kissed her. 

The night before she had laid restless in her bed thinking about how Bucky's lips had felt, how his metal finger twirled a piece of her golden hair, and how his broad chest pressed against hers. For a just few moments after she woke up, she had been so convinced that the kiss was just a dream. 

The reminder that Bucky was currently giving her- his thumb brushing against the exposed skin on her hip and his other hand threading itself in her hair- was more than enough proof that what happened the night before had actually occurred.  

"Sarge, where did all this confidence come from?" she teased against his lips, gripping onto his shoulders tightly in fear that her legs would melt beneath her. 

It seemed like just a day ago when the only side of Bucky she had ever seen was cold reservation and icy indifference, and the only thing she could coax out of him was- at most- one grunt

When he pulled back, he was smiling at her brightly as he tucked her hair behind her ears and cradled her cheeks in his hands. Although it was bright, there was still some lingering hesitancy behind his smile, as if his muscles were trying to recall exactly how to do it. 

"You're bringing out the old me, I guess," he said, moving his hand down her arm. 

"No," Martina replied with a quick shake of her head.

"No?"

"No," she repeated, locking their hands together as she stood on the tips of her toes to press a kiss against his stubbly jaw. "This is just you."

Martina watched the spectrum of emotions that fluttered across his eyes. He was taken aback by her and she had never felt so entirely captivating in her life. She didn't give him time to respond to her comment as she reached for the back of his neck and pulled his lips down to hers. 

The kiss was far less gentle than it had been before. Martina gasped as Bucky's metal hand made contact with her back at the spot where the fabric of her shirt had bunched up. His mouth was hot and desperate on hers as if somehow rewarding her for her words and making her realize the impact they had on him.  

She felt like she couldn't breathe- live- and it was all because of him. He was draining her of every single ounce of will she had and she couldn't find it in herself to stop him. She wanted him to take as much of her breath as she could give. She wanted to help fuel him the way he had helped fuel her. She wanted to remain under his heavy and spell-binding kisses.

When he pulled away, she was breathless and surrounded by foreign heat, but she still couldn't get enough. She went to push herself back up, but Bucky chuckled lightly as he rolled his bottom lip into his mouth and placed his metal hand on the wall behind her. 

"What are you planning on doing today?" he asked, tracing her jaw with his finger. 

She was still flushed with an overwhelming attraction to him that it took her a second to process his words. She furrowed her eyebrows. "You mean you won't be here?"