Unexpected Saviour

It's Monday, which means it's been almost 24 hours since Elimination Chamber last night.

I'm on my way to my locker room when
I can't help but to recall everything I went through.

Roman, Seth and especially Dean took things to a whole other level, a level that I wasn't ready for, I'm still not ready.

At least I won the match though, I thought to myself as I formed a smirk with my lips.

"Hey Champ!" Someone shouted and startled me out of my thoughts.

I looked down the hallway to see my grandfather giving a big hug to John Cena.

I rolled my eyes with pure annoyance, I'm trying to like John. I've been trying since forever but he just seems so fake to me. My grandfather loves him and we all know why, he draws in ratings and money so of course he's Vince's favorite. But John's getting old. Pretty soon I'm gonna be the face that runs this place.

"Nicki sweetie, come here" Vince ushers me over to them.

I fake a smile as I make my way over, " Yeah? What's up?"

"Nicki, I know you've already meet John but I have a marvelous idea. This little thing going on with the shield has been sending our ratings up but that's gonna die down soon, not to worry though because this idea is gonna send our ratings up through the roof." Vince says excitedly.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I was afraid of what he was about to say.

" Nicki McMahon Helmsley and John Cena as an in ring couple! Both of you teaming up and eventually falling "in love". A couple scenes of you flirting and I know we're gonna be the most watched show on TV for a long while" He said to us with a huge smile.

And just like that, my worst dreams have come true.

Vince then said, " Ah! I know what you're thinking but whatever you do, don't turn this down. I'm gonna give you some time to dwell and get to know each other better. I"ll see you later Nicki" Vince hugged me then walked away.

I smiled awkwardly and tried escaping quickly but John grabbed my hand.

"Uhh, I don't want this to be awkward between us Nick" John said.

'Nick?' I said to myself in confusion.

"Yeah me neither", I lied.

"Let's hang out after RAW tonight. Just me and you, as friends. Just to get more familiar with each other." He suggested politely.

I thought about it for a minute and agreed before walking to my locker room.

——————

It's now 5 minutes before RAW goes on air and I'm gonna kick off the show.

I'm currently standing at gorilla waiting for my music and then it hits, I walk out of the curtains and I'm greeted by cheers.

I smirk as I make my way down to the ring trying to mask my nervousness.

I grab a mic and begin my promo.

"Last night was both good and embarrassing. Good because I won the match but embarrassing because of who I had to beat. The Shield" I sneered with disgust.

The fans cheered loudly as they recalled last night's events.

I shook my head in displeasure, " What a disgrace, how stupid was I to stoop so low to their level-"

Sierra-Hotel-India-Echo.....

I glared at the Shield as they made their way to the ring.

"You stooped low Nicki? Noooo not yet....but you will be stooping low when I have my balls deep down your-" Dean said before Seth interrupted him.

"Hey hey hey! Dean that's enough" Seth said to him.

I gritted my teeth in anger, " Dean you don't wanna finish that sentence."

He laughed hysterically then said,

"Cmon Nicki, don't deny it. You want me to finish it don't you? YOU want what I said to happen."

I shook my head in denial, "NO!"

He smirked and said," As a matter of fact, you want it RIGHT NOW!"

I walked up to him and slapped him in his face.

The crowd 'oohed' as Roman held me back for Dean to grab me. Seth stood there frozen. I won't lie and say I didn't want him to help me.

They dropped me after John Cena's music blared throughout the arena.

The crowd cheered as this was highly unexpected.

He ran straight into the ring and threw out each member of the Shield, then he turned to me.

I stared up in confusion as he helped me up. He smiled at me and remained silent before he exited the ring and made his way backstage.

I stood there shook along with everyone else in the arena as RAW went to commercial break.