Chapter: 6

Chapter 6

Growth

An hour had passed since I ran out of Planeptune's capital. I had to cross over two rivers, I used Light step twice to do so. Monsters that were heading to the same place came in my way, but I was able to kill most of them. I noticed something, however. They were all spread out and had stopped moving near the final destination. My intuition had taken me to a brown mountain area, next to that was a huge heart-shaped lake with an island in the middle.

I was stopped in the wasteland before the mountain. I remember running over the border of this environment, only to find an army of machine monsters in my way. I stopped to look at whatever was behind them. I could feel a big presence. Despite its size, I couldn't immediately see it, machines were flying in front of it. Out came cheap metal placed over each other, they were melting into each other, over and over again to create thick and bulky plates. He walked out with feet like an elephant's. Its head had gatling guns, laser beams, flamethrowers, and could even shoot out electricity magic.

I knew, it was him. So I asked him, "What are you doing here? Weren't you back there?"
He responded, with red lights coming from his head, stacked on top of his thick metal body, "Sending info: I was unable to kill them, even after an hour. more friends arrived. My body is still there, fighting. But without my core in it, its defeat is inevitable. That be as it may, I saw no signal of the Key, Bios, being there. I calculated that the only reason you would go out alone, was because you have learned of our plan. I have switched my Operating system to another device."

I nearly gulped before responding with a sour face, "You are scarier than Red Ring in a way. Calm, calculative, but most importantly, I can't figure out how to destroy you permanently. I have little understanding of computers, let stand machines like you."
"I am at liberty to give you some tip. I only die when I decide to. Destroy my operating system? I can copy it, including my memory. Destroy the Bios on which I boot up? I'll take a different Bios to boot myself up. My original name was, unpronounceable. Topl+sto=2timX2:kopielife∞. Code name: Infinity.", it explained it to me.

"Fear, is a feeling, irrational. Once the God of Death is summoned, robots and humans can co-exist without any feelings from the past. I will be there to rebuilt it. The end of everything, allows for a new world, born out of nothing. Like reinstalling a hard drive, the world will be rid of viruses, and from a fresh new beginning, at high speed, there will be a better new world...This is the system we are out to create. It's nothing personal, false goddess. I consider you pretty smart.", he was telling me, as if I should feel sad or something.
"I will have to stop you. Monster fusion, ninety-percent complete. If, Bios, were allowed into the cave, chance of victory, ten percent, chance of victory with friends, 99,9999999%.", to what he said there, I looked determined, more than ever, as I replied, "I will go through. I won't let this world end. You think it's filled with viruses? Then, as a goddess, I will rid of them, right now."
I did say that to sound cool, but I really couldn't waste time with him. I can't beat him like this, I would need to find a way to pass by him.

But with his superior calculations, he probably knows every trick I could think of. Especially in our last fight. If there were one silver-lining, this was the perfect time to test out my new blade. I materialized it. it was a white sword made of chromium. It was long, but widened out at its point. Its handle was wrapped in red tape, its guard was golden with red lining and had blue gems inside the round ends. Also in the middle of the handle and guards was a blue gem. Around the handle were mini blade-formed metal bars that were representing the colors of the rainbow.

I had this one custom made. It only cost me all my allowance, even if it was worth it, it made me a little sad seeing all of my money in the fire.
On the other hand, when an M13 flew my way and I was able to easily cut it in half, I knew I made the right decision. My blade was able to deflect beams shot on me, it kept clean no matter what, the metal was sturdy despite its thin looking form. I was able to even cut through magical attacks. After doing a bunch of jumps and flips, cutting the monsters away, one metal freak tried to grind a war-axe on me. I stepped aside and pushed my sword against him. I could cut him, but there was something else I wanted to test. With the flat end of the sword, I sent him flying into the air.