Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The first quest!

I woke up with a rather warm feeling all over my body. The opening of my eyelids felt like iron gates being pushed open. After my blurry vision sharpened, and the muffled voices I was hearing got clearer, I watched as everyone was partying in Neptune's room. I was back here again, with everyone who was here before, and Uzume and B-Sha had gotten here too.
"Ah! She's finally awake!", I heard someone shout.
"Oh! Wakey wakey! The sun is going down! Wait, that would make you want to sleep, huh? It's rising up for some reason!!", Neptune tried to put me in the right spirit.

"You must've fought quite hard if you can sleep through our noise for hours.", I heard from my right. I switched my gaze over my right shoulder and saw Uzume sit on the couch with one leg onto it whilst her knee was being held by her hand. She was smiling at me.
"She always sleeps like that...Though...", Rom corrected her.
"She won't be sleeping when Big sis starts scolding her, I'm sure!", Ram said.
I looked at big sis who seemed a little cranky as she told me with, both a quiet tone, and throughout her line, an angry tone ,"You bet. I am still angry at you, Bios! How many times do we have to tell you to rely on us? If you ever go at it alone again, I'll...", she stopped to sigh and then continued quietly, "But...If it weren't for you...We might've lost...So...Good job on that...", she looked the other way right after.

"Ahl, so you did take my advice to be kind and praise her...You're all grown up now, blanny.", Vert walked next to me.
"Just because I'm not a big freaking cow doesn't mean I am not grown up, damn bitch!", big sis angrily responded.
Vert ignored her and handed me some hot cocoa. It was quite good!
As I looked at it excitingly, she told me, "Here you go, Compa was making that for you."
I am amazed at her speed. She even walked right past Vert to tell me, "Please, enjoy it. I made with love, desu. I tried my best to make it as good as possible for saving me and Iffy, desu."
So it was homemade? I didn't pick it up at first. I realize it now.

"You did pretty well out there. I don't agree with you putting yourself in danger. But I can tell you are ready for normal quests. Here, take this!", IF sat on a chair saying those things to me before throwing a gun my way. As I grabbed it, she told me, "My reward for you."
"I appreciate it...But sorry.", I said looking at the gun before throwing it back at IF.
"You don't like it? I thought you were interested in weapons. Because you used so many.", IF asked me with a curious face.
"I don't understand modern weapons much. I prefer something more...Classic.", I answered.
Uni looked pretty smug as she leaned on the wall and added, "Why do you think she uses a bow and arrow instead? If you ask me, she's better that way anyway. I don't think you can do some of her moves with a gun."

"Hm...Oh well. I'll figure out how to make it up to you, okay?", IF said.
When I nodded to her, Uzume had walked past me. I focused on her as she headed over to Nepgear, for she appeared to be tinkering with something.
"Hey, Gearsy, are you able to fix it?", Uzume asked.
"Your visual radio wasn't hit that hard... What I am struggling with is the new function I wanted to add. I though of a wide radar that can detect abnormalities and monsters.", was her answer.
Uzume put her hands to her sides and said, "Hm...Oh well. As long as you can fix it, I don't mind waiting."

"Say, say, Uzume! How come you've gotten here so late anyway?", Neptune asked her.
"You're asking me now? Neptune and me were busy handling weird stuff in the Zero Dimension. Croire "Screwed up" the coordinates and left me on a mountain trail.", she explained.
"Okay...And where is other me right now?", Neptune continued scrutinizing her.
"To be honest, we really weren't done there. But Ultra Nepsy basically told me that, "One Neptune is more than enough, so you just go have some fun! Tee Hee!!" Something like that.", Uzume told her with a strained look as if she were to let out a thousand sighs.