Afterword

And so ends the second volume! Though, not in the way I had envisioned. I am quite pleased that I have managed to write this in half the time it took me to write the previous volume. I think I was more motivated this time, but I'm not really sure.

The first act of this story actually was supposed to end with this volume, but as is typical of me, it turned out what I was writing was just a bit too long.
"But it's shorter than the previous volume."
Yes, and if I went three chapters further, this would be longer than 120 thousand words.

Now things have turned a little interesting. The last three chapters of this act are now the first chapters of the next volume, and the first two chapters of the second act are now the final chapters of the next volume. It still fits kind of well, but now it ends on a massive cliff hanger.

For this volume, however, I really wasn't planning on making Planeptune this long. Fourty-thousand words were supposed to be the max, but I went over that and the end was still not in sight, chapter 6 was supposed to be the end part of chapter 5. This volume had more action than I really wanted to write to be honest. It was kind of exhausting, and I think you, too, can tell plenty of words get reused. Especially during action sequences.

I couldn't help it, it was a large assault on Planptune, so there should be a lot of fighting! Right? Either way. Fried Shrimp. This character was not originally planned to be used here at all. There was something that I needed for the third volume, so I thought about giving Bios a friend character. I tried to make the character not too likable for certain reasons. We'll see how that works out. Either way, Bios has a companion now, ain't that nice?

I have read every comment, even if there were little of those, but just a spare few of comments do make me happier. I hope you guys liked this chapter despite all of the fighting (Or because of it?). The next volume, I will try to have a few more breather moments in-between. Which is difficult, because in the next volume...We have a tournament arc to prepare for. I shout also mention that I proof read this one a month after I've written it, but I left the afterword untouched. Just as an FYI.