Chapter 8

Chapter 8

An adventurer upon this frozen land, to the rescue!

I kept a journal for journeys like these. I'll let that do the work, because telling you everything will cause the Word count to increase, and there have already been way too many words in this volume. In fact, this volume used to contain the tournament arc. An eternal snowstorm covered the between area of the forest we were in and the entrance of the Crystal Woods. This was the Cerulean Festival. Why was it called that? Well.

When we went through the snow storm, we ended up in a rather open area of the forest where we clearly saw decorations everywhere. It was like walking into a Christmas world. There was a giant towering tree in the middle that was decorated like a Christmas tree, almost every colored decoration and light was used on this tree. From this three came black cables with lights that went through every tree. It connected with the entire fortress. The amount of lights made it feel like the sky and ground were glittering. The occasionally falling snowflakes would pop into a random colored light when they were about one meter from hitting the ground.

Candy canes and popsicles grew out of the ground. Sometimes they even made natural walls and fences, creating a pathway. Fried Shrimp moved over to a smaller candy cane and gave it a look. After looking at her delighted face, I picked one up out of curiosity. After taking a lick, I held my hand on my left cheek and felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of great stars. But then, I had realized I acted like that and went back to a stern face. Telling her that we should continue. We took the candy canes with us nonetheless.

Sometimes, you could find random sleighs near a bunch of giant mushrooms. We sat in one, and as if in a light rollercoaster, we were taken through a more dense part of the forest to get to a new vast area. Whilst Fried Shrimp was trembling holding her cane tightly, I kept licking it calmly. Even when we got shot out of the Sleigh as it suddenly stopped, I would just calmly lick the cane in mid-air and casually land on the ground whilst Fried Shrimp was nearly covered in snow where she fell. I was a bit worried and made some small exhaling noises whilst running towards her and digging her out.

I climbed a tree whilst she was on my back. I wanted to get a good view of this place. When I knew where I was going, I took my sword and used it to slide from one black cable to a dense part of the forest. When I got close to the trees below, I had to let go. I saw that in dense areas, there were these brightly colored garlands hanging off trees as if they were vines. I decided to keep my momentum up and swing from garland to garland whilst holding a terrified Fried Shrimp in my left arm. We ended up between a huge ravine that cut off the main road. Fried Shrimp complained at me that we could move around it. But I didn't want to waste time to get on the other side. There was a giant tree over on the other side.

I took a Black Vine with lights and threw it at the giant tree. It entangled a branch high up. I grabbed the unwilling and fearful Fried Shrimp and whilst it was crying in horror, I swung over the ravine. I tried to land in style, but when my toes hit the ground, I tripped, rolled over, and hit a tree with my head. I sobbingly grabbed into my head whilst I heard Fried Shrimp pop out of the snow behind me. She hurried over to me, with some of the tiniest hops ever. She tried to rub my forehead to make it better. She also gave me a chocolate bar she got from a tree on where it grew. Yes, Chocolate bars grow like berries here. Instead of honey, you can find molten chocolate here too.

Some wolves with thick white fur carrying machetes in their mouths ran in circles around us, trying to intimidate us whilst some other monsters hid in the leaves above us throwing Christmas balls at us....That blew up. After avoiding their ambush, one by one, the wolves came at us. They roughly trampled over the roots of trees trying to get to us. Some creatures still threw the explosive Christmas balls whilst we were attacked by the wolves.