Chapter Two

*Mirae POV*

The loud ring of my phone jolted me awake and I grabbed it from my night table messily.

"What?" I slurred out, still drunk with sleep.

"Miss Kim, it's your landlord. I have some unfortunate news for you." I immediately jumped up and clutched the phone to my ear tighter as a wave of fear washed over me.

"W..what?" I closed my eyes praying it wasn't what I thought it was. There was no way he was willing to go that far.

"An investor has just bought the land your house is on, your lease ends in one month. You'll be getting your bond back at that time, good day." The phone line ended abruptly and I stood there in silence, my mind freaking out and my breathing slowly getting faster.

"WHAT!?!?"

I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it, letting my frustration out as best as I could.

"There are some fucking pricks in the world, that have to mess around with other people's goddamn lives!!!" I screamed out and stood up angrily, trying not to cry. I just wanted to live my life without him and his abuse and now it's all coming back.

"God dammit." I rubbed my eyes sleepily and trudged to the bathroom to shower. As I was removing my clothes my eyes fell on my underwear that were stained. I fell asleep right after I had climaxed and didn't even think to change.

My head fell in shame when I realised I had masturbated while thinking of a complete stranger. I must be really fucken desperate.

I showered thoroughly and washed and blow dried my hair, then I applied a little bit of makeup really poorly and packed my things to study. I'm not letting anything get in the way of my degree.

I couldn't be bothered making a plain breakfast so I decided to eat out today since I was so upset about the news from him. This better not end badly.

I opened the door to the clean morning air and chilly breeze. The world was covered in little drops of rain and dew and it reflected the sun like diamonds.

I breathed out, determined to stay focused and find another place to rent by the end of the month. Everything is gonna be okay. That's what I kept telling myself as I walked down the crisp, wet streets to Sweet and Spicy but when I arrived my heart dropped seeing the ahjumma and an older man in a suit arguing.

"Ahjumma...what's going on?" I walked up to the two bickering people and took my place by ahjumma's side protectively.

"This man here is claiming that my restaurant is on a burial site and according to the act of land and establishments he has the right to kick me out and tear my shop down." Ahjumma looked at me with a stressed face and I could tell she was worrying. Since when did my dad become powerful enough to make such big changes in people's lives?

"Listen here jerk, you tell my father, Kim Jisung, to back off. I have no intention of meeting him, no matter what he does." I crossed my arms, my patience just about wearing out.

"Are you sure about that, Mirae baby?"

I froze at the cruel voice and grit my jaw as I turned around slowly. He stood there, a twisted smile on his face as he outstretched his hands to me in some sort of useless attempt to get a hug.

"What do you want?" I moved in front of Ahjumma, feeling the need to protect her from this monster.

"I just want to talk with you." He saw I was obviously not going near him and so he placed his hands in his pockets and turned to look at the cafe. He turned back to me with a raised eyebrow and I knew he was taunting me with the fact that he could take away the shop that meant so much to me and my ahjumma.