Chapter Four

*Mirae POV* 

I could hear distinct voices all around me yet I still couldn’t move. I was in that half asleep half awake mode and I decided to just stay still and listen to what they were saying. 

“Don’t you think she’s rather attractive?” A bright voice said loudly and I had to hold in my smile. I really was a sucker for compliments. 

“I guess, she has a good physique.” A deep voice muttered from directly by my side. A big hand suddenly grabbed my leg below the knee and started feeling up it, almost checking if it was real or something. 

“How much do you wanna bet she’ll slap Jungkook at least once?” There was that bright voice again but what it said worried me. 

This Jungkook sounded like a real dirtbag. 

“I don’t know. Jungkook isn’t like Mr. Kim. Did you see the way he just let her injure him? he had a concussion.” A familiar gentle voice rung out this time from a different direction. Was it Jin? The man who asked if I was okay earlier?

And who cares if Dad has a concussion? I should’ve put the monster in a coma. 

“All things considered, she’s strong, she’s intelligent and she’s beautiful. If we use her properly the rumours going around should stop.” The deep voice spoke once again and the hand that I assumed belonged to him kept going past my knee onto my lower thigh. I awed inside at the compliments, seemingly forgetting everything else he said. 

“Do you think she'll be friends with us?” The bright voice suddenly blurted out and I could just feel my blush burning up. The hand that was slowly edging up my thigh wasn’t making things easier. 

“Shut up Hoseok, she belongs to Jungkook now. He doesn’t play nic-“ I broke character and slapped my hand over the wrist of the hand that was on my thigh getting dangerously close to that specific area.

“You keep moving that hand up and you’ll lose it.” I opened my eyes and looked at the owner of the hand while I carelessly spat out the threat. 

My jaw dropped when I saw a stunning young man, long strands of pure silver hair covering his eyes partially and a shiny stethoscope hung around his neck. 

“You’re Taehyung, right?” I slowly sat up, not taking my eyes off him. I remembered Yoongi yelling for Taehyung when I threw the statue at my father so naturally he would be medically capable of some sort. 

“You’re observant...I like it.” He leaned closer to me and I moved my head back to create some distance from his serious expression and overbearing presence. 

“Woah, look at them interact.” I turned to the left where Jin and a man with reddish-brown hair were watching us. 

“Am I still at the mansion?” I turned back to Taehyung who was looking at my face focusedly. He pulled out a flashlight from his pocket and flashed it directly in my eyes. 

“What the- stop that.” I slapped his hands away but he pushed them forward again and grabbed my jaw. 

“Open up.” He ordered while shining the light over my mouth. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth, might as well get this over with. 

“Hmm, nice teeth, good eyes. We got a healthy one, men.” He clicked his flashlight off and stood up, I frowned at his absurd words. 

“There is no ‘we’, the only thing that you have is an uncomfortable aura of invasion.” I raised an eyebrow and Jin gasped. The red head next to Jin burst out laughing at my purely honest comment.