Chapter Twelve

*Mirae POV*

I stood in the small waiting room as the sound of guests chattering sent my brain into panic mode.

A few people? There were at least forty people waiting in there.

Waiting for me, waiting to see if the brute Jeon Jungkook was sane enough to marry a girl and not kill her.

Dad entered the room looking at his watch closely. "Get up, we're going." He ordered while holding his hand out in my direction.

"You're not seriously walking me down the aisle are you?" I gulped in fear of all those people turning their heads and watching my every move. There wouldn't even be any music, no flower girl. Nothing.

"Well we don't want you doing cartwheels down it now do we?" He shot me a sarcastic look and rolled his eyes. I hated his degrading comments, sometimes his words hurt more than his fists.

I stood to my feet and smoothed out my soft, golden dress. He didn't even have his arm out so I forcefully put my arm around his as he kept his eyes glued to his watch.

Oh God, give me strength please.

His head shot up and he tugged me toward the terrifying double doors. Oh shit, oh fuck, oh shit me a brick. We rounded the corner and everyone turned and looked at me.

Breathe, breathe, Mirae, don't have a panic attack, they're just people...with eyes...eyes that are watching you so don't you dare fucking trip.

I breathed out deeply and carefully placed my foot forward one after the other, walking down elegantly as people had looks of shock and almost even adoration. I looked up where Jungkook had a pure black suit, styled hair and let's just say he wasn't doing a very good job of hiding his agitation.

Dad let go of me as quickly as possible and Jungkook out stretched his hand to me. I didn't hesitate and placed my hand in his. I knew people would be watching every move and no doubt spread word of anything off.

The room fell silent and the lights were dimmed to look faded almost, just like the ancient church we were in. I'm surprised it hadn't fallen down already.

"The rings." The grizzly, wrinkled priest looked like he was just about ready to pass away and go on to his next life in hell after no doubt abusing little boys.

Hoseok stepped forward and handed us the rings. Guess he did find them after all. I grabbed the small golden band that I had to put on Jungkook's finger, there was an engraving inside it that said 'Jeon.'

The priest boringly repeated the vows to both of us, almost dozing off in the middle. I breathed in and calmly said "I do." while offering Jungkook the best smile I could come up with. I slid the ring onto his finger and he smirked at the action. What on earth is this man even thinking?

Then came Jungkook's vows and he said "I do." in a similar manner except there was an underlying tone of venom. He looked down at the ring then angled it towards me so I could see the inner side. There was an engraving there too. And not 'Mrs. Jeon' like it should've... what was there...

~ Little Bitch ~

He grabbed my finger a little too harshly and forced the ring on it. I bit the inside of my mouth so I wouldn't show any sign of pain. The diamond studded metal was breathtakingly gorgeous but that vile name on the inside stripped away all it's beauty.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I froze at the priests words, looking at Jungkook uncertainly as the room became even quieter than possible. Everyone had their eyes glued on us, even Hoseok and Jin were looking at Jungkook with wide eyes.