Chapter Eight

*Mirae POV*

I don't recall how long I had sat on the steps trying to block Yoongi out of my mind but soon the deep rev of a car made me look up. Hoseok had pulled up to the house in a blacked out Dodge. He opened the door and when he saw me his face immediately creased in worry.

"Are you alright? Did something happen?" He crouched down in front of me and gently held my arm.

"It's fine, I'm just really attached to the house." More like attached to a certain green-haired bodyguard. What a joke I am.

"You good to go?" He stood up and looked down at me.with concern. His caring nature really did shine through him.

"Yep, I'm fine." I got up quickly and even though he was taller than me I stood on my tiptoes and pet his head. He smiled happily and it made me smile too.

We got in the expensive car and it took off with a loud roar. It drove smoothly on the road and I leaned back in the seat, recollecting my thoughts of everything that had happened in the past few days.

Too much.

Hoseok sensing I was at unrest, turned on the radio and played some pop songs quietly. I was definitely grateful for the distraction.

Soon we pulled up the familiar driveway and the magnificent mansion loomed ahead of us. There was a black van in the parking space in front of the house. Taehyung and the man that walked past me before were talking with a stranger that was shorter than them both and had something incredibly shiny in his hands.

I squinted my eyes to get a better look and gasped quietly when I saw it was a pistol. Why are they handling guns?

Hoseok safely parked the car and got out, I quickly opened the door and stood up on the crunchy gravel. I couldn't help but notice all the vehicles they owned were blacked out. Dark rims, tinted windows. Is this a funeral or something?

"Go to the usual sitting area, Minjoon and Jisung are waiting for you with- just go to them please." He smiled apologetically probably thinking I was offended by his orders but I was thankful since I had no idea what else to do with myself.

I slowly entered the building and walked down the hallway I was led before. I turned into the bright sitting area and saw the two older men sitting there, in deep discussion.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known and show I wasn't the type of person to eavesdrop. They both lifted their heads at me and smiled. "Excellent Mirae, my son should be here any minute." Minjoon outstretched his hand towards the couch and I sat down there, remaining silent.

My nerves were all over the place as everything I had previously heard about Jungkook came rushing down to me. What if he beats me? Is there any way for me to even get away from him?

The time passed slowly, Minjoon excused himself multiple times to call Jungkook and my patience wore thin. "I'm going to go check on my mother." I excused myself and stood up, I walked out the room and as soon as I turned into the hallway my body collided with a tall, immoveable surface.

I staggered back and rubbed my sore nose. The thing or should I say person tsked annoyingly, making me look up at them and my breath caught in my throat.

His narrow, dark eyes locked onto my body angrily. I kept looking over his sharp jaw line and fit body. I already knew it was him. It was Jungkook.

"Move, maid." He grabbed my face and pushed me to the side roughly making my jaw drop as he walked by completely ignoring me.

What did he just call me?!