➝ chapter eight - formality

{8}

{8}

Ivy Isley was currently sitting in the breakfast area at the kitchen island waiting for her aunt, Elizabeth to tell her everything about her date the night before.
She heard her aunt come in the night before but was to tired to pester her about the mystery man and date.

Elizabeth finally made her way down the marble stairs and went straight to the coffee maker.
Usually she would hug and kiss Ivy, their morning routine was the same everyday.
Today Elizabeth completely ignored her niece.

"Someone had a late night" Ivy commented.
"Not now, Pamela" she groaned running her hands through her hair.
She never usually seen her aunt like this, she only ever spoke to Ivy like that after long days of work.

"How was last night?" Ivy asked slowly.
"Ivy" she sounded frustrated. "Do you know Derek Hale?" She asked. Ivy didn't want to have to tell her or get her involved in the supernatural.

Ivy paused, trying to come with an excuse.
Her red nails began tapping against the marble table, a habit she had when lying.
"Ivy" Elizabeth snapped stopping her nieces nail from tapping on the counter. "Don't lie to me"

"Yes. He's one of Scott's friends" The red head explained.
"Why does Derek Hale care about our past?" Elizabeth had her hand on her hip.

"I don't know"

"Iv-" the older women was cut off by the sound of Stiles car horn outside.
"Stiles is here" Ivy spoke slowly, getting off her seat and picking her leather backpack up off the floor. "For school"
As much as she wanted to snap at the girl she knew she had to protect her make sure she was okay.

"Right, yeah" she whispered "are you sure you're ready to go back?"
"All good and fine" she walked around the counter and kissing her aunt on the cheek.

"I'll see you later" Ivy walked out of the kitchen.
"You okay?" Stiles asked starting the car again.

"Okay enough to survive the rest of the week?" She asked rhetorically. "Probably not. But other than that I want to kill Derek Hale"

"Tell me about it" Stiles whispered.

---

Later that night Ivy stayed doing homework and watching a movie not getting involved in any supernatural business for the night.
Lydia and Alison had invited her to go watch the Argent girl do archery in the woods but she declined and spent that time in the school library.

"Ivy, we need to talk" Elizabeth knocked on the bedroom door.
"Come in" Ivy set her pen down and looked up at her aunt.
The older woman held a folder in her hand.

"What's that?"

"Erm... we'll get to that in a moment" she sat down on the queen bed putting the file beside her.