07 ➳ the mask returns

I woke up the next morning with an arm wrapped around my waist. Climbing out of bed as gently as possible I picked up my phone from my pants on the ground and checked the time.

2:46

"Shit." I mumbled quietly remembering that I promised Roy I would be back by noon.

Slipping back on my pants and taking a moment to find my top I took one last look at the curly haired boy still sound asleep in the bed before heading out the door and back home.

As soon as I found my key in the jumble of things I was carrying I slipped open the front door and barged inside.

"Listen Roy I-" stopping in my tracks, all of the stuff in my arms fell to the ground as I watched Roy and captain of the bitch express pull apart from what was seemingly a very heated make out session.

"Uh- I- sorry... I'm just gonna- bathroom." Sprinting to one of the three rooms in our home I locked the door and just flat out sat on the ground.

I was having trouble processing everything around me but I mean... I guess it's good right? I mean, sure I wish he would've chosen someone else, but if he's got Thea and I've got Sam problem is solved.

Isn't it?

I felt a single tear roll down my cheek which I quickly wiped away.

Why am I crying?

I've been through too much to cry over a boy, especially over Roy Harper.

Best friend. Roy Harper.

It's not like he's dying or anything.

No reason to cry.

➴➶➴➶➴➶

I came out of the bathroom when I heard Roy yelling something, probably after Thea.

Gag

Stepping into the kitchen I caught his attention.

"Listen Bry-"

"It's okay Roy. You don't have to explain anything to me." I popped a dinner in the microwave and turned to him with a small forced smile "I'm glad you found someone."

"Really? That's it? No yelling? No injuring?" He questioned as a small smile grew on his face.

"Am I really that bad of a person?"

He laughed coming over to me for what I assumed was a hug, that is before he started to tickle me how only Roy and my Dad knew.

I began to scream and laugh uncontrollably before he picked me up and swung me over one of his broad shoulders.

"I swear to god Harper, if you don't put me down then there will be yelling and most definitely an injury."

He didn't acknowledge my request until both our phones began buzzing simultaneously.

Setting me down we exchanged a concerned look as we picked up our phones. The message was a link addressed to all the people of the Glades.

Opening it hesitantly we watched in horror as a man stood tied up, with cuts covering his face and duct tape shielding his mouth. A low, computer generated voice began to erupt through the speakers of my cellular device.

If you make the Glades your home, you know who this man is.

John Nickel.

He owns your tenements. Manages your slums. Provides the leaking roofs over your head. The mold in your pipes and asbestos in your walls.

Basically, he makes money off our suffering.

But the police aren't interested in helping us.

They may have let us down, but I won't.

John, I want to give you the chance to state your case.
Why shouldn't you be punished?

A hand by now had been placed over my mouth as I watched the tiny screen with extreme concern. The other man, John Nickel as he'd been introduced began to speak next as the tape was removed from his mouth harshly.

I knew there was bad stuff in my buildings.

Ok, yes, I made a little profit! At least they had a place to live.

Without me, people like that would end up on the street.

"People like that." That's all we are to guys like this.

Holding up a gun visible to camera the mystery murderer said one last thing to John Nickels.

I find you Guilty.

As the gun went off a small scream came out of my mouth. Taking a look at Roy he pulled me closer to him for comfort, not only for me but for himself.

There are plenty more people who need to answer for their crimes against us.

So Who's next?

➴➶➴➶➴➶

This. This, crosses the line.

Back when I wore my mask all that was wrong with the glades was a robbery or an occasional drug deal but this?

This man who calls himself the "savior" is just ruthlessly killing people.

Granted they have done some questionable things in their lives but not to the point of receiving the death penalty.

They have families.

And I know best what it's like to lose family.

Grabbing the knives from the toaster I didn't even care if Roy saw me.

Reaching into the back closet I pulled out my leather jacket that held the poison darts in the upper pockets and slipped on my gauntlets which carried four small arrows on them.

Lastly, the mask. Slipping my masquerade mask into the side of my jacket I headed to the door.

"Where the hell do you think you're going? You just saw what that guy did and- are those arrows?" He questioned pointing at my wrists

"Get out of my way Roy, I don't want to have to do something I will regret."

I was furious.

Full game mode.

And if Roy has to be tampered with for me to leave so be it.

"I can't just-"

Pulling out one of the darts a jabbed it into the side of his neck making him woozy immediately.

"I'm sorry Roy. I warned you." And with that I slipped on my mask and ran out into the Glades.

I'm going to stop this man.

I'm going to save my city.

➴➶➴➶➴

WELL. this is the first time you kind of get to see the vigilante side of Bridget.

And just for future chapters sure Roy saw the jacket and gauntlets but he never saw the mask so when she's in action he might have suspicions but he doesn't fully know who she is, especially if it's dark.

Also if you can think of any good vigilante names? I'm probably gonna start with 'the mask' first since that's like her special thing that pulls her apart from everyone like how Oliver is 'the hood' but I want to change it later so if you have any ideas please comment!

Vote/comment if you enjoyed

Love y'all!

Xoxo Cara oxoX