Prologue

Hermione POV:

I remember the day I found out I was a Zabini well.

~Flashback~

It was my 8th year at Hogwarts in February. Harry and Ron didn't come back so I was sitting at lunch chatting with Ginny. When Professor McGonagall approached us at the far end of the Gryffindor table.

"Miss Granger," she began, "I need to talk to you in my office immediately."

I gave Ginny a wide eyed look. I had been enjoying my first relatively peaceful year at Hogwarts; without Voldemort trying to kill Harry I had time to relax and enjoy school life. For once I wasn't holed up in the library, I mean, I kinda did still spend a lot of time in the library, but not because I was trying to save my bestfriend's life, I was there to read through material I wanted to pick up. It was great. Being Head Girl had its perks, even if I had to be civil around Malfoy. Anyway, back to the story!

I got up quickly and scurried after McGonagall towards her office.

"Please, dear, have a seat," she said, "I have some pretty surprising news I think you will want to be sitting for."

'Oh no,' I started preparing for the worst. Voldemort is back, Harry is in trouble, Death Eaters are threatening Hogwarts. I braced myself in the chair for the blow.

"I have just received word from Arlette Zabini," said McGonagall, "It turns out as a child you were placed in the muggle world for your own protection. When you were born your biological mother, Arlette Zabini, could sense that you and your twin were very powerful together, and didn't want you to be used by Voldemort in the war she could sense was coming. So you were separated from your twin placed with adoptive parents, but now that the threat is out of the way, your mother would like to reconnect with you." (A/N - I chose the name Arlette because they are Italian)

"Wait," I cut in, "Twin?!"

"Yes," McGonagall said, "Blaise Zabini is your twin."

'Holy shit,' I thought to myself, 'this was NOT what I was expecting.'

I sat there in shock, a million thoughts racing though my head. Could it be? Am I a Zabini? I'm Blaise Zabini's twin!? Arlette Zabini wants to reconnect with me? Is this real? Why didn't mum and dad tell me? I have a TWIN!!!????

"I told Mr. Zabini about 10 minutes before and he is recovering from the shock in the Slytherin Common Rooms, should you need to talk to him."

"Yes, Professor," I managed to get out before relapsing into silence.

~End Flashback~

The first person I told was Ginny, and to say she was shocked would be an understatement. She couldn't believe that I was actually a Pureblood witch, not that it mattered, and she was the one who convinced me to go talk to Blaise.

I quickly connected with Blaise and now we were practically bestfriends. Along with Blaise I became close friends with Pansy Parkinson and sort of friends with Draco Malfoy.

Ginny and I started hanging out with the Slytherins and we introduced them to our friends. We spent the rest of 8th year hanging out with Pansy, Draco, Blaise, and Luna.

After 8th year Blaise bought an enormous mansion on the coast of Italy and convinced us to move in. Since Ginny, Luna, and I are outnumbered by Slytherins, we call it the Serpent Pit.

I am still friends with Harry and Ron, but Harry is really busy with Auror work and Ron gets busy helping Fred and George in WWW. (A/N - I couldn't let Fred die even if he isn't a main character.)

Pansy, Luna, Ginny, and I go out for drinks every Friday evening after I get off work and then spend the rest of the weekend with the boys too. Ron always spends the weekends with us and Harry usually tries to come for at least one day.

I work for the Ministry now as Head of the Department of Magical Enforcement, Ginny is a Chaser for the Holyhead Harpies, Luna took over for her dad at the Quibbler, and Pansy runs one of the most famous fashion magazines in the wizarding world, Moda Monthly. (A/N - Moda is Italian for fashion)

I have spent the last 4 years reconnecting with Arlette and the rest of my biological family because after the war I was unable to find my parents, and I wanted that parental figure in my life.

Thankfully, I got my twin and the best friends I could ever ask for.

____________________________________________________________

Hey friends! This is my first time writing so please leave suggestions in the comments. I hope you enjoyed and I plan on updating every Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks so much <3

- Sliver Slytherin Queen