Chapter 15

Draco POV:

The boys finished with my bindings after a few minutes. I looked over to see if Pansy, Ginny, or Luna needed help, but Luna was gone and Ginny and Pansy seemed to be okay by themselves. I stopped for a minute distracted by the pure rage on the girls' faces. I looked for Hermione and realized Luna probably took her to the hospital.

I ran out into the hallway and apparated despite the boys yelling for me to wait. I ran through the lobby of St. Mungo's to the desk.

"I need to know where Hermione Zabini is," I told the receptionist.

"Are you related to Ms. Zabini?" he asked.

"I am her boyfriend," I told the man.

"Oh wait, are you Mr. Draco Malfoy?" he asked me looking up from his computer.

"Um, yes, how do you know my name?" I asked confused.

"A few days ago her proxy was changed to you," he informed me.

"What does that mean?" I asked forgetting my anxiety for the moment.

"It means if Ms. Zabini can not, you make her medical decisions," the man told me.

I stood there in shock. I can't believe she trusted me that much. I love her with all my heart.

"What room is she in?" I asked again.

"She is in room 314 on floor 3, and I will send the healer to speak with you shortly," the man told me.

I almost didn't hear the rest of his sentence because I had already turned around and was heading for the elevator. I got to floor three and raced down the hallway past 13 doors until I reached her's.

I braced myself at the door so I wouldn't freak out when I saw her. I opened the door to the room. Hermione was laying on her back in the hospital bed sleeping. She looked a bit paler than usual, but still tanner than I would ever be. Luna was sitting in a chair next to Hermione's bed. She looked up when I got in the room.

"I was only let in a few seconds ago, the healers have been in and out of the room with potions and spells. I thought you'd want to know that instead of any, 'oh she'll be okay bs'," Luna explained.

"Thanks, Luna, you are right, as usual," I said trying to give a small smile that probably looked more like a grimace.

I have only been dating Hermione for a week, but she is such a big part of me already. Not gonna lie, that kind of scares me. In only a week she has become my life, everything I feel and think revolves around her. Seeing her lying motionless on the bed makes me feel like I have had a part of me ripped out. I want so badly for her to sit up in that bed and make fun of my messy hair, or start talking about her most recent book. I would even settle for her sitting up and reading. Anything, I just want to see her smile, and the sparkle she gets in her eyes when she laughs.

I shake myself out of my thoughts. 'She isn't dead,' I remind myself as I take a seat by her bed to wait for the healer. It was probably only a few minutes, but it feels like forever before the healers comes in.

"Mr. Malfoy?" the healer asks.

"Yes?" I say sitting up straighter in my chair.

"My name is Dr. Sherman and I am taking care of Hermione while she is here," the woman says.

"Nice to meet you Dr. Sherman," I say.

"When she was first brought in I healed her cuts, which there were a lot of, but they were small so with a team of 4 we were able to heal her rather quickly," Dr. Sherman explains.