Chapter 12

Hermione POV:

After dancing until early in the morning, we all decided before bed last night and open presents later in the day, so we could sleep in. I woke up at 12 and smiled at Draco, whose arms were around me. I can't believe that I am lucky enough to wake up next to the person I love every morning. Draco opened his silvery eyes and kissed me on the forehead.

"Morning, beautiful," he mumbled in my hair as he pulled me by my waist closer to him.

"Morning, handsome," I said with a giggle. I'm not used to the praise that Draco showers me with.

Everyone was not doubt still asleep, so I suggested we go read in the library. I settled in my favorite armchair as Draco settled into what I had come to think of as Draco's couch.

He opened The Girl in the Blue Coat. After he read The Book Thief and liked it I decided to recommend another WWII book and he was about halfway through.

I pulled out Anne of Green Gables. Sure I had read the book hundreds of times, but it is my comfort book and I lost myself in Anne's adventures.

It was about three hours before someone came rushing up the stairs. I heard them check my room, when they saw that we weren't there they opened the door to the library.

"Oh, there you guys are," Ginny said panting after her run all the way from her room to mine.

"Yes, here we are," Draco said sarcastically. 

"I should have known you nerds would be in the library of all places," she said shaking her head at us.

"What do you need Ginny?" I asked before Draco could reply with a snarky comment.

"Oh, right, we are opening presents now, so come on," she said turning around.

"We'll be right there!" I called to a retreating blur of red hair.

I looked at Draco as he sighed and stood up.

"We have to go don't we?" I asked pouting. I was really comfortable in my chair.

"Yes, come on sweetheart," Draco said as he picked me up from my chair.

"Draco, put me down!" I yelled.

"Nope," he said as he transferred me to his back.

I wrapped my arms around his neck to stabilize myself as he took off. I started shrieking as he ran down the stairs with me on his back. He carried me all the way to the sitting room in the main house. When he stopped I let go and dropped off his back giving him a glare.

"Oh come on, you know you had fun," he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What if you dropped me on the stairs, I could have broken something," I said.

"A, I didn't drop you, and B, even if I did, you are a witch," he said smiling.

"Oh, I forget that sometimes," I said returning the hug Draco had been giving me.

"Are you guys done being all couple-y?" asked Pansy.

"Yeah, bro, that's my sister," Blaise said.

"And basically my sister," Harry said and Ron nodded in agreement.

"Guys, I am an adult you know," I said to them.

"Yeah, yeah, we know," Ron said, "You don't need us to protect you, you are fine by yourself."

I had lectured them multiple times because of their over protective nature. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the ground. The sitting room has the same layout that the Gryffindor common room has. The only differences were the colors were neutral, the furniture was modern style, and there were a lot of windows.