Chapter 20

Hermione POV:

I woke up and looked out of the window. The sky had a pink tint, I love sunrises, so I decided to go sit in the Burrow's garden. I need a few minutes to breath before the craziness this day is going to bring. I can't believe it; I never thought today would arrive. After months of planning and stressing it is my wedding day. I am stayed at the Burrow last night because Pansy insisted that we weren't allowed to see each other until the wedding, and at the Serpent Pit we would most likely see each other.

I settled under a tree and put in my earbuds to take a trip down memory lane. I know that Ginny will probably send Harry and Ron after me soon.

I stayed in Ginny's room with her. It was just like the old days, back when I stayed here during summer holidays. I close my eyes and remember all of the late nights spent talking with Ginny, or the days I spent sitting reading in the garden with Bill or Charlie. The Weasley family really is my family. They were my family before I was a Zabini and I felt more comfortable here than with the Grangers.

Molly's tight hugs and warm meals, Arthur's questions about muggles, talking with Bill and occasionally Charlie about magical creatures and magical law, having long conversations with Percy about school, laughing Fred and George, spending hours with Ron and Harry, and finding my girl bestfriend in Ginny. This place really is home to me and I can't imagine living without these people.

At some point I started crying and I sat in the garden silently crying looking around me. I see the boys and Ginny playing quidditch in the field, I see Fred and George chasing gnomes around the garden, I see catching up with Molly while I sip iced tea. 

Someone taps my shoulder and I look up to see Harry and Ron standing there. Seeing them makes me cry harder. I made the decision to have them walk me down the aisle, so they are getting ready here instead of with Draco and Blaise. I take out my earbuds and explain to them what I was thinking about. They exchange a look over my head and sit down on either side of me. I take Ron's hand and lay my head down on Harry's shoulder.

"I love you guys," I said with a sigh, "You know that right."

"We love you too 'Mione," Ron responded.

"Yeah, wouldn't have survived without you," Harry said starting to laugh.

"For real though," Ron said also laughing.

I joined in laughing with them

"Come on," Harry said helping me stand up.

"Gin will kill us if we don't bring you in soon," Ron said.

"Why?" I asked, "The ceremony isn't until 5."

"I guess she thinks you need 9 hours to get ready," Harry said.

"Alright, I need one more minute," I said pulling the guys by their hands into my hands.

They are taller than average and I am shorter than average, so they were towering over me. Harry wrapped his left arm around my waist and Ron did the same with his right arm. I leaned my head against Ron and took one last deep breath.

"I couldn't have asked for better brothers," I said, "Alright I'm ready."

"Let's go before I have to sleep on the couch," Harry said.

We turned and walked back to the Burrow hand in hand.

The morning was a blur of preparations. We had a large brunch prepared by Molly. There were so many tears at various times throughout the morning. I watched from Ginny's window as decorations went up. Ginny wouldn't let me leave her room, she said I needed to "relax and nap because you won't get much sleep tonight." I swear that girl will be the death of me one day.

At noon a hair and makeup artist came and did everyone's hair and makeup. He also put sticking charms so we wouldn't mess up our hair and makeup. 

We had a light lunch, but I couldn't eat much. 

At 3:30 Ginny helped me into my dress. Arlette put the Zabini family tiara on my head. With a kiss on the forehead and a few more tears she hurried from the room to make sure everything was in order. I was looking in the long mirror before I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I called from my place in front of the mirror.

In the mirror I saw Molly enter the room with something in her hands. 

"Hermione, dear, you look so beautiful. Seems like just yesterday you showed up here for the summer for the first time," Molly said tearing up.

"I never thanked you for taking me in, you really are my second mum," I said turning with tears in my eyes.

"I am so glad to hear you say that, I think of you as my daughter," Molly said. 

She held up what she was holding to reveal a white veil with diamonds glittering like stars.

"This is the Weasley family veil, every bride has worn this for generations, and now, if you want, I would love if you would wear it," Molly said standing.

At this point, I was crying for the fourth time today and nodding my head because I couldn't talk. Molly walked over and placed the veil on my head. 

"There all done, you look stunning," Molly said. 

Molly opened her arms and I stepped into them. That was where Ginny found us when it was time for me to get into my place. I pulled Ginny into our hug and after a few minutes we really had to get downstairs or Draco will think I've run.

As I descend the steps of the Burrow, I think about my future. I know that the end goal is Minister of Magic, but I don't know what goes in between. That scares me, but I know that with Draco by my side, we can get through anything.

I grin at Harry and Ron as I reach the final step. Ginny heads to the door to listen for her cue. Ginny steps through the door and down the aisle. I take Harry and Ron's arms as I hear the wedding march.

'Here we go' I think to myself.

I take a deep breath to try and clear any last minute nerves and I step out of the door.

____________________________________________________________

Hey y'all, I know this is kinda short, but the chapter tomorrow, I'm hoping, will be longer.

I know the last few chapters have been kinda full of emotional moments and less of fluff, but I hope it is ok.

I hope you enjoyed, if you did comment or vote! I appreciate all of you. xoxo

Love always,

Silver Slytherin Queen

P.S.

I'm  just curious, but where are y'all from?