Chapter 5- Olive Garden

Taehyung was rudely awoken from his sleep by the ringing of his phone. Not that he was even supposed to be sleeping in the first place- he had dozed off 15 minutes into his first class of the day.

"Whose phone was that?" his teacher demanded from the front of the lecture hall.

    "Sorry sir," Taehyung rushed, shoving his phone back into his bag quickly. The class was mostly empty, seeing as it was only 8 am and only people who enjoyed torturing themselves had shown up.

    "Don't let it happen again," his teacher grumbled, turning back towards the board. Taehyung still wasn't paying attention, however, and he waited a few minutes to make sure he was in the clear before he took out his phone and checked who had texted him.

    Jungkook.

    Taehyung hated to admit it, but his heart leaped into his throat as he read the name.

    "Hey Tae! Are you free today?"

    "Hey Kookie! Yeah, I will be in another hour or so. What's up?"  Tae replied, grabbing his pen and pretending to write when the teacher gave him a dirty look.

     "The tattoo is finished, so I thought maybe you could stop by when you're free and come see! :)"

    Taehyung swallowed hard. He had no idea what Jungkook had been thinking a few days ago in the art studio, but the thought of his artwork being permanently inked onto Kook's skin was doing things to him. The air suddenly felt very warm.

    "I'll be there soon."

***

By the time Taehyung pulled up to the tattoo parlor it was already after noon. His stomach was rumbling and his head was pounding for some reason, but he had promised his friend that he would visit. Plus, he really did want to see the tattoo.

    "Hey!" Jungkook exclaimed, looking up from behind the counter when Taehyung swung open the door.

    "Hey," Taehyung replied, shrugging off his coat and dropping his bag onto the couch where he and Jin had waited together not so long ago. Jungkook was wearing his usual all-black attire, though today he had on a fuzzy purple sweater over his black skinny jeans instead of his leather jacket.

    "This is cute," Taehyung smiled softly, walking over to Jungkook and running his hands lightly over the fuzzy material across his front. "Not as intimidating as usual."

    "I'm not intimidating!" Jungkook pouted, looking down at Taehyung with his big, doe eyes. He smelled really good- like shampoo and roses and morning dew.

Taehyung laughed out loud, poking Jungkook's squishy cheek and stepping away. Maybe he wasn't so scary after all.

"Anyways, wanna see the tattoo?" Jungkook asked, walking back behind the counter and pulling off his plastic gloves.

"Yeah, sure. Where is-"

And then Jungkook was taking his purple sweater off, swiftly pulling it up and over his head in one quick motion.

Holy SHIT-

Taehyung really did attempt to look away, but Jungkook's body was perfect. He was toned and broad, tanned and smooth. Not only were his rippling abs impressive, but he was covered in tattoos, everywhere from his biceps to his shoulders to his chest.

    Taehyung knew that his face was bright red, but he still attempted to hide his cheeks with the paws of his sweater.

    It's too fucking early for this...

    "You good?" Jungkook chuckled, staring down at Taehyung's flustered state with amusement.

    "Stop being a jerk and just show me the goddamn tattoo," Taehyung grumbled, crossing his arms hotly.

    Jungkook laughed harder, but finally gave in and stepped closer. The air only got warmer the closer he came.

    "Here," Jungkook said quietly; barely a whisper. Taehyung blinked dumbly at his chest.

    Across his left pectoral stretched a bundle of beautiful, blood red roses. It was almost exactly the way Taehyung had painted it, though in terms of shading and color Jungkook had added his own personal flair. It truly was beautiful, but...

    "Doesn't it look great?" Jungkook asked excitedly, oblivious to Taehyung's flustered state. "It's just like you're painting!"

"Yeah, but..." Taehyung felt the words die in his throat. He was being stupid... Jungkook probably just didn't know, but then again, how could he not? He was a tattoo artist, after all.

    "But what?" Jungkook asked, a little more unsure.

    Taehyung looked at the taller man sheepishly for a moment, then finally muttered, "It's... over your heart."

    He fiddled with his sweater paws a bit more and stared at the floor, avoiding Jungkook's gaze like the plague. Did he really not know?

    "Um... yeah, I guess so," Jungkook said finally, obviously confused. "Is that a problem?"

    Taehyung allowed himself one glance at the other man's quizzical face before he sighed loudly. "Well, you know," he started awkwardly. "When someone gets a tattoo over their heart, it's supposed to be something that means a lot to them, like a loved one's name or something. It's supposed to be... important."

    Jungkook blinked at him. "Oh," he said stupidly. Then, smiling a bit, he added, "Well, then I guess it's good that you're important to me."

    Taehyung swore his heart skipped a beat. He stared into Jungkook's bright eyes like some love-sick teenager, his stomach doing flips all the while. Was he really saying what Taehyung thought he was saying? Or had he meant it platonically?

    "Thanks, Kookie," Taehyung finally replied as casually as he could, deciding to play it safe. "You're, um... important to me too."

    Jungkook smiled widely before reaching for his sweater and pulling it back over his torso. Taehyung released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

    "Whelp, now that that's out of the way," Jungkook said happily, "have you eaten lunch yet?"

    Taehyung smiled softly to himself as he collected his stuff from the couch. He was just overthinking like always; the tattoo didn't mean anything special to Jungkook. He didn't understand why it made him sad to realize that, though.

    "You wanna go to Olive Garden, Kookie?"

Omg hiiii sorry it's been literal MONTHS since i updated this lmao. Once summer started i got super unmotivated but now that school is back in session hopefully I'll be better about updating. Sorry for keeping you all waiting!!