Chapter III

Olivia's POV

Coffee.

On days like this, when I managed to get up early for work, I usually made a detour to my favorite coffee spot, the Nexus. When I walked through the door, Mak who was the friendliest barista I've ever come across, waved my direction to which I waved back.

“The usual?”, he asked, and I gave a short nod. He gave me a thumbs up before starting on my order and I found myself a seat. Mak's cappuccino wasn't like any other cappuccino I've tasted in my life, it was different, delicious and addictive. I couldn't go a week without popping by for a takeaway.

As I was waiting, I grew bored with looking out the window, watching other people going about their lives like nothing ever bothered them so to pass time, I took my phone out and placed it on the table, biting on my nails nervously, staring at it in hopes that my screen will light up with a notification about a text from Greg or something, but nothing

I tapped on his profile on my contacts but hesitated even though I desperately wanted to press on the call button. I miss him. The sound of his voice. His lame, but funny jokes but most importantly, I missed being around him.

Livy?”, I felt my cheeks burn up hearing him call me by my other nickname, I always loved how it rolled off his tounge

“Hey, how is your day going?”, I croaked out, feeling all nervous all of a sudden for having to bring this we need to talk subject

“Its hectic babe, I have a presentation in an hour, I just hope everything goes well”

“I have no doubt in my mind other than that you're going to seize the moment and rule that meeting”

Thanks Livy. It really means a lot”, he paused for a second. “So what's this about?”

My day is going okay, thanks for asking

“Uh, I just wanted to...like check up on you, we haven't like, really talked in while”

Oh, okay”, he paused for a second before he spoke again. “It's just that I've been really busy lately, and I'm sorry I've been distant”

Here we go

“It's okay, I understand”, I drew a breath. That's another annoying thing about me sometimes, I was just always so understanding. “How about dinner tomorrow night? I really need to talk to you”

I can't tomorrow night, I have a dinner meeting with a client”

“Oh”, not so understanding now, are we?

How's about I'll check my schedule, and I'll get back to you on that dinner, hey babe?”

“That's cool”, I tried to sound enthusiastic, but I was failing terribly. “I guess I'll hear from you then”

Cool. I'll talk to you later?”

“Sure”

I love you, okay?”

I silently drew a breath. “I love you too”

I turned my head when I heard a whistle behind me. It was Mak, telling me that my order was ready. I put my phone back into my purse and gave him a thumbs up before quickly standing on my feet to pay and collect my order.

“Thanks Mak. I really need this”

“Anytime Liv”

The rest of the day was just horrible, a freaking nightmare. I'm surprised I didn't have a mental breakdown. It was so hectic, I even skipped lunch because I didn't have the time because I had back to back meetings all day, one meeting after the other. On top of that I had a deadline I had to finish off before 4pm, and now I have to type out a report and send it to my team before I knock off later on today because they must ready for the pitch first thing in the morning. All I wanted right now was a long bubble bath and my bed, to curl myself into a ball and sleep.

A video call notification from Tristan popped up my laptop and I quickly accepted it. I frowned when I saw Mellisa's face instead of his.

Liv!”, she screamed excitedly, and I forced a smile. She and I weren't like the best of friends or anything. We just got along for Tristan's sake. She was his girlfriend, and so she and I had to find some common ground.

“Mellisa, hi”, I couldn't even fake the enthusiasm of talking to her because I was simply in the mood of anything hectic at this point and time of my day

You won't believe what happened last night”, she giggled before Tristan appeared on screen behind her, grinning ear to ear

“Why?”, I became nervous because I knew that whenever they had something to announce, it was never good news, for me unless they've broken up. They had the most rocky relationship ever. They had broken up a few times because their relationship was that toxic,

But then, just when everyone is convinced that they were out of each other's lives, they would kiss and make up again, making it hard to keep track of their relationship sometimes. At one point that I actually believed that maybe they were really destined to be together. Tristan never really got deep into the nature of relationship and I respected that.

Are you sitting down?”, it seemed as she was almost mocking me because I'm sure she obviously could see me swirling my chair side to side

“What's going on?”, I laughed nervously, the suspense was literally killing me

“Tristan and I are getting married”