IF ONLY~ THOMAS!

A/N: FOR ALL THE NEWTMAS FANS OUT THERE.  FEEL FREE TO IMAGINE THE GIRL AS NEWT CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DID. HEHE!

-----------------------------------

The bright sun outside the window was the only light you could see. Everything else was filled with darkness, even his heart and mind. With tears in his eyes, and a heavy heart, he agreed to it. 

Y/n was not immune like the rest of them. After escaping WICKED, they decided to go to Denver, the only city standing after the sun flares spread, along with the deadly virus. He knew y/n could not go with them, so she convinced everyone to let her back in the scorch, but Thomas was in denial. He loved her too much to let her go like that. Therefore, as soon as he agreed, he stormed into the other room.

Y/n knew how he was feeling. Honestly, this news didn't exactly come as a shock to her. She was glad that it was her rather than any of her friends. But, she knew, Thomas doesn't give up on people. So, how could he give up on someone he loved so dearly?

She knew she had to do the right thing. She quietly got up and followed him inside, giving the others a reassuring look.

After leaving, Thomas sat down on the floor, letting his tears flow down freely. He covered his mouth to muffle his sobs, sniffling occasionally. He felt a presence come sit next to him. He looked up only to find y/n giving him a warm smile, which always told him, everything was going to be alright. He wanted to say something, but she just hushed him and pulled him in a hug. He softly cried into her shoulder, staining her shirt, but she didn't care. She whispered sweet nothings in his ear, telling him 'everything is going to be alright' and held him close to her.

After a few minutes, his sobs turned into a few sniffles, and he pulled away. He wiped his tears with his sleeves and stood up offering her a hand. She took it and followed him as he stopped into the center of the room.

He bowed down and offered her a hand asking, "Can I have a dance, please?" She happily took it and rested her hands on his shoulders while his went down her waist. She hummed a tune as they started swaying slowly. He slowly started,

"Y/n. I love you with all my heart. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't want to, if you're not there. Please, don't go." He said, as tears once again threatened to fall. He had a lot to say, but his voice gave away as it cracked in the end. He wanted her to tell him, that she will stay with them and come with them to paradise. Y/n knew what he wanted, but she had to stay strong for him. They were lost in each other's eyes when they heard Brenda shout,

"Y/n, we are almost there. Get ready." Her voice broke. Y/n had become a friend to everyone. It was hard for Brenda to let go of her first friend. The first person, who didn't use her for anything, who picked her up when she fell down. And even though, she didn't know y/n for a long time, she would still miss her with all her heart.

Y/n replied with a soft 'okay' and turned her attention back to Thomas. She could feel tears form at the corner of her eye. She rested her head on his chest and said,

"I love you too Tommy. Never forget that. I have since you first came up that box and I will until my heart stops beating, or if there is an afterlife. Don't worry about me. I'm going to be with you in here." She put her hand on Thomas's heart. "And I'm not gonna be alone. I will have everyone with me: Chuck, Alby, Winston." She smiled when she took their names. "What I do want is for you to promise me." He looked at her knowingly and nodded his head for her to go on.

"Promise me, you'll get them out of here. You'll create a new home in the paradise. You'll find someone who will love you as much as I do, if not more. And you'll love her back just as much." He opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off by Jorge shouting for y/n, "We are here." She ignored him and went on, "Promise me. Please Tommy please." (I'M SORRY PEOPLE) He gave in. 

"I promise." He replied his voice barely a whisper. She smiled and connected her lips with his, savoring the taste, which was slightly salty due to tears streaming down both their faces. They opened their eyes, but she quickly closed his and whispered,

"I don't want you to watch me walk away." Then, she ran and ran until she was out of there. He shouted, "NO" and jolted awake.

He subconsciously pulled y/n closer to him, only to be met by air. He got out and went to where y/n was. He saw her by the stone which engraved names of the ones, they had lost during this war.

If only it was more than just her name on the stone.