Chapter 10: The Savior of Aoi I

A/N: If this was a Hindi film, I'd day this chapter marks the intermission XD

A few months had passed. Winter was approaching and the patients in the Butterfly Mansion were fully healed.

Aoi was not yet used to the loads of free time she had.

She would usually fill her time with creating more medicine, balms and work on antidotes for the newly discovered poison.

Her only remaining patient was Suma Uzui who would occasionally come to get her health checkup.

She would visit the manor with Uzui's two other wives, not wanting to provoke Aoi with their husband's presence.

Suma was six months pregnant, but the size of her belly suggested that her baby was more than one, though Aoi couldn't confirm this.

Tanjiro and the others were back on their toes. Aoi had given permission for them to step outside the manor without her supervision.

Inosuke had grown much closer to Aoi too.

He couldn't bear not seeing her for even a day, especially if she was out to the town.

There was a time that Inosuke wouldn't eat until Aoi was back at the manor. Of course, she lectured him for a whole day, scolding him for keeping his stomach empty.

In turn, she cooked hearty meals for him that night, making his wait worthwhile.

On one day, the morning was cold and frosty, but the three boys, Inosuke, Zenitsu and Tanjiro, with the inclusion of Kanao, Nezuko and the two remaining Ubuyashiki sisters, were waiting for Aoi in front of the Butterfly Estate.

Since the Demon Slayer Corps was disbanded, the uniforms had merely been some sort of souvenirs, and the people were glad to switch back into their usual clothes.

However, most of the demon slayers, especially Inosuke, didn't actually have a wardrobe full of outfits to wear.

Aoi invited them to accompany her to a nearby town—one that had a shopping district and numerous food stalls.

Inosuke protested, claiming that he needed no clothes to continue living.

This had caused Aoi to pull one of his ears, reminding him that she herself was a girl.

"Sorry for the wait! Let's go!" announced Aoi as she skipped her way to the front steps, adjusting her gloves and the scarf around her neck.

She was tinkering around in the kitchen, distracted with the time she had left to cook breakfast.

She had to leave some food for the former pillars, the three Butterfly assistants and Kiriya Ubuyashiki who were still in the manor.

Also, she packed some snacks for Inosuke. The boar man would be grumpy if his belly was hungry for more food.

Besides, she loved it when Inosuke thanked her for the meals. It would usually make Aoi feel very appreciated as a caretaker.

Seeing her friends waiting, Aoi became more excited to bring them to her favourite town.

She wasn't particularly a traveler, but Aoi had used to trade her concoctions with the pharmacists around the neighboring towns.

She was quite experienced with the lands around the Butterfly Mansion.

In comparison to Kanao, who had always been busy with training, Aoi was considered to be street smart.

She knew more about conversing with people, adapting to their norms and culture, and mastering the customs of a new location.