Chapter 18: The Flowers for Her

"MY PLAN OF SURPRISE IS RUINED BY THAT WRETCHED GIRL!" Inosuke screamed, butt-heading the trees in the forest to dissolve his irritation.

He planned to visit the town alone so that he could spend most of his time surveying for gifts to buy for Aoi. Aoi had taught him to use money for transactions and he wanted his first personal buy to be something for her.

Inosuke butted his head again, trying to come up with ideas. When he asked Zenitsu how to get Aoi's attention, Zenitsu scolded him for gifting her fishes when they were still just friends. He said women wanted nice things.

If he had to decide on 'nice' things, he would settle for strength and more fights

Aoi was different. When Inosuke saw Tanjiro giving some flowers for Kanao, he wanted to copy his action.

He detected that Maria always had her eyes on him, especially when he was in the flower shop.

However, he was determined to get the best bouquet for Aoi, so he ignored her.

And she ruined everything!

Argh!

Currently, Inosuke was threading the forest at the north of the Butterfly Mansion, letting his head clear to come up with new ideas.

What should he give to Aoi?

He didn't want to settle for something superficial with her. Inosuke wanted Aoi to get his gift and exclaim in happiness upon receiving it.

"WHY THE HELL CAN'T I COME UP WITH ANYTHING?!" Inosuke bellowed, causing the crows that were watching to fly away in fear.

I am Lord Inosuke! I should be able to think of something!

Great. When it comes to her, I get reduced to some dumb boar who can't even think.

In his hands, he stole some acorns from the oak trees nearby and extensively smoothed them for Aoi.

While he was trying to make the surface shiny, he just realized that his idea of this gift was typical—like he would do that to everyone.

Aoi wasn't just 'everyone' in Inosuke's life. His stupid brain accepted that fact by now.

As he trudged through the forest, stepping on dried twigs and chasing wild animals for fun, his ears began to capture the sound of swishing water as it winded through rocks and chasms.

He remembered that there was a river nearby.

Inosuke followed the sound, thinking that perhaps watching the waterfall could help clear his mind.

When he arrived, he noticed the familiarity of the scene, especially the one huge boulder that was located between two trees and the absence of fish in the clear water.