Chapter 23: The Fated Reunion of Two Lovers

"I can't believe it's been three years since the last time we were here!" Nezuko chirped, clapping and twirling in the middle of the road. She was walking alongside Tanjiro and Zenitsu, but the latter had been holding her hand during their whole journey.

Tanjiro chuckled looking at her little sister, getting reminded of his upcoming reunion with Kanao, his fiancée.

The sun was already setting, colouring the evening sky with bright patches of orange hue and yellow-tinted clouds. They left the Kamado house four days ago and arrived right on the estimated time.

Inosuke was already gone from their sight. He couldn't stand strolling with his friends who wanted to enjoy the journey and marched on with full sprints.

He was not going to waste even a few seconds from seeing Aoi when she was already very near to him.

However, there was something bothering Inosuke.

He couldn't detect Aoi's presence, scolding himself for forgetting the feel of having her near him.

Although it was already late into the evening, the Butterfly Mansion was full of customers and people waiting for their turn. Tanjiro was telling the truth about the manor flourishing with demands and money.

A tiny bit of his heart was yearning to hop inside and scream to announce his arrival, but Inosuke reminded himself that he was already an adult. He ought to act polite and sensible in front of everyone else, especially if he wanted to see Aoi.

As he trudged into the entrance hall, there were people sitting on the floor, watching him as his kimono slipped over his shoulders, revealing Inosuke's toned chest.

He didn't remember having this many people in the hall, so Inosuke got confused with his next moves. He saw a counter at the end of the hall, but there was no one sitting on the chair.

A woman with black hair tilted her head up and suggested, "Just ring the bell and ask for you turn. The girl will give you a number."

"I know that, but thanks, I guess," Inosuke managed to reply and made his way towards the counter. He glanced at the door and wondered when would his friends arrive. Inosuke was as impatient as ever and left them, but he began to hesitate.

His heart was pounding upon the idea of meeting Aoi. He had never imagined that he would see her again after such a long time of being separated from the one he loved.

As Inosuke rang the bell, a girl with bangs on her forehead and hair perfectly clipped with pink butterfly ornaments on the both sides of her face came out. She gasped upon seeing Inosuke and dashed to him.

"Inosuke-san! Why didn't tell us you're coming here?" Kiyo exclaimed and hugged Inosuke excitedly, surprised to see him all grown up and mature.

Inosuke himself was astonished to realize that Kiyo had become extremely tall for a girl her age. In his mind, he always had a mental image of these girls never growing up and staying constantly innocent as well as cute.

"Where are the others?" Inosuke inquired and Kiyo called her other two assistants. Naho and Sumi stepped into the hall with their jaws dropped. They proceeded to hug Inosuke and he didn't hold back to wrap his arms around the girls.

"You girls must have been eating well! You've grown remarkably!" Inosuke commented and had them giggling in glee.

Once Tanjiro strolled in with the others, the three butterfly girls squealed and darted to the former demon slayer, pulling him into a hug. Inosuke felt a little offended that Tanjiro was stealing their attention, but he understood why his best friend was loved the most by others.