𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓.

I 04. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ blood winters ❞

CAMP HALF-BLOOD WINTERS.

The bane of her existence. She hated them. It was usually a time when kids weren't there, more so than during school. At least during school her brothers could IM, but during the winter, they were busy with family.

She didn't have anyone aside from her father, Chiron, Annabeth and Grover. Usually, her father could care less about the holiday and down fifty cans of Diet Coke in an hour. Chiron was off helping other campers, and Annabeth stuck with her siblings that stayed. Grover was off with his satyr friends often, and when Luke was his normal self, he would take care of the Hermes cabin.

Christmas hasn't been a big thing for her. She only fully saw what the holiday was meant to be last year during her first year at an actual school, when Aria showed her. And even then, she didn't fully like the holiday.

Winter was a sucky time because of how cold it was, and usually, her father would let a small blanket of snow cover the ground. It allowed kids to play in it and build whatever they would've liked.

She looked over at the cabins which held the familiar flickering balls of fire strung along the roofs, burning brightly and the Oracle staying warm by the fire in the Big House attic.

"Whoa," Nico said whole climbing off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," Percy said.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?"

"Little extra challenge. Common. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoe, have you met—"

Zoe stiffened. "I know Chiron. Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered. The brunette girl knew he just wanted to stay near the Hunters and Artemis cabin for the sake of being around nature. She let him be.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and bounced back up whilst still talking. "Like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

Zoe rolled her eyes but let him lead the way, figuring there was no way she could shake him. They shouldered their packs and bows before heading towards the cabins. Bianca leaned over and whispered something Nico, waited for his response, and only left once he scowled and turned away.

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the Hunters. He sent Percy and Ariadne a wink. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy, Ariadne. I'll see you soon."

"What do you mean?" They asked.

He hopped back in the bus, "Later, Thalia. And, uh, be good!" The man gave her a wicked smile before the doors closed and engine revved. A glow alerted them and the chariot took off as the red sports car. "Say hi to Aphrodite for me, Ariadne!"

The brunette raised an eyebrow at the man who disappeared into a ray of sunlight. She glanced over at Nico who still looked grumpy.

"Who's Chiron?" he asked. "I don't have his figurine."

"Our activities director," Percy said. "He's... well, you'll see."

"If those Hunter girls don't like him," Nico grumbled, "that's good enough for me. Let's go."