𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆.

I 05. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ pinecone face ❞

     ARIADNE COLLIDED WITH PERCY AFTER BREAKFAST. They held their heads as it buzzed with pain, laying on the ground as the boy groaned in response. She sat up and notice him, deciding the boy should know about her dream and how Annabeth was in danger.

The girl grabbed one of his hands and pulled him to his feet as he stumbled. She kept a hold on his hand. "Perc, we've got a problem."

"What?" he asked. His eyes were wide as he looked at her taller height, somewhat forgetting how she was getting taller.

"Annabeth's in trouble."

Percy leaned forward, "Did you have the dream about her and Luke?"

This caught her by surprise. "Yeah. How..."

"I saw it to. I told Grover this morning. Apparently, Zoe has a dream last night about Artemis being lost."

She raised an eyebrow, "Lost?"

"That's what I said. But Grover told me she could've been kidnapped. Like, Kronos kidnapped."

Ariadne seemed deep in thought, channeling their blonde friend who was missing. Percy never really realized how much Annabeth and Ariadne do similar things. The brunette would use any knowledge or tactics she learned from the blonde. Annabeth would use fighting skills and other means of combat that she learned from Ariadne, they were close.

The brunette nodded. "If we had a nightmare the same night as Zoe, that means they're—"

"Connected," he finished off. The boy reached towards his back pocket and and pulled out a brochure for the Hunters of Artemis, handing it to her. "Grover found this in Annabeth's backpack, says they were scouting us."

"She-she wanted to join them?" Ariadne questioned, taking the brochure into her hands before looking over it. The front read, A WISE CHOICE FOR YOUR FUTURE! Small pictures of maidens chasing monsters and shooting bows were in the inside, there was one of them all surrounding a fire as they smiled. Captions reading: HEALTH BENEFITS: IMMORTALITY AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU! And A BOY-FREE TOMORROW!

Percy's eyes turned sad. "That's what he thinks."

They both stood in silence as they looked over the brochure found in their friends backpack, wondering what she was thinking's Nd if she wanted to join. To be frank, Ariadne didn't want her to. The two girls were like sisters, and if one was gone, it wouldn't be the same.

But of course, if this was something Annabeth wanted, she would let her have it, because she loved the girl. If Annabeth would be happy as an immortal Huntress for Artemis, then that's what she could do.

Staring at that brochure was like a slap in the face—no. A punch in the gut. The original quartet could be down to a trio and their blonde friend could be gone if she agreed to join Artemis. Percy seemed to be upset over the idea that Annabeth could be leaving, and Grover didn't seem pleased, but Ariadne was torn to pieces.

Percy swallowed the knot in his throat. "Come on, we need to figure out a way to save her."

"Yeah," she nodded numbly. "Yeah, we need to..."

He noticed her pale face and the hands that crumpled the brochure. "Aidan?"

She raised her eyes to meet him before nodding, standing tall as color rushed back into her face. Her hands crushed the brochure before picking it into her pocket. "Come on, we need to figure out a plan, we can figure something out today."