𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚

I 040

I 040. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ look back ❞

     THE REST OF THE SUMMER SEEMED STRANGE BECAUSE IT WAS SO NORMAL. She didn't know how it could be, not after what had happened in the beginning, and it weighed heavily on her mind.

The daily activities continued: archery, rock climbing, Pegasus riding. They played capture the flag ( though they all avoided Zeus's Fist ). They sand at the campfire and raced chariots and played practical jokes on the other cabins. All aside from cabin twelve.

Chiron and Dionysus had excused Pollux and Ariadne from any daily activities if they chose to not participate. The campers didn't see them all that much that summer. It was fairly off not to see Pollux in the strawberry fields with his late brother, or Ariadne training campers and laughing at her friends, it set a sad mood across the camp.

Many called it a curse.

No one mentioned it around the two, knowing the prophecy, but that's what they called it. A curse that settled across the land, along with the dead patch of grass where the two siblings had held Castor's body, where only vines can grow from.

Usually, if you were to find the two campers, they would be on the porch of cabin twelve wearing worn and false smiles while looking at their hands and whispering backs bd forth. Or, on the edge of the strawberry fields where they would stay for hours.

Ariadne hasn't used Lunacy ever since the Battle of the Labyrinth—the name their quest battle had been given after it had died over a bit.

She hadn't felt compelled to touch her sword, not even when Pollux went to train from time to time.

Percy and Ariadne pretty much skirted around each other. He rarely saw her at dinner, and if he went to the infirmary or the docks, she left quickly.

He wanted to talk to her about Kronos, but he couldn't do that anymore without bringing up Luke, which upset Annabeth, and he couldn't speak about his two weeks missing without angering Ariadne.

July passed, with fireworks on the beach on the Fourth, which also happened to be Ariadne's birthday.

She had asked the Hephaestus cabin to commemorate the losses of the battle, and they agreed. It wasn't easy to see all those faces flash in the night sky. Ariadne had sat with Pollux and they held each other once Castor filled their view, and she had given her friends a smile that they had been waiting for since the battle had happened.

August turned so hot the strawberries started baking in the fields. None of the cabin twelve members cared, they were busy mourning the loss of their brother.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔- 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 🎉