𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆.

I 012

I 012. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ talos ❞

     ARIADNE AND PERCY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. They didn't ask if they were allowed to tell their friends. Well, actually, it wouldn't matter now seeing as she told Grover and Annabeth after their last quest.

Percy had explained that it was Aphrodite who wanted to talk with them, and their friends looked less than happy.

"What did she want with you?" Bianca asked them.

Percy glanced over at the brunette before answering. "Oh, uh, not sure," he lied. "She said to be careful in her husband's junkyard. She said not to pick anything up."

Zoe narrowed her eyes. "The goddess of love would not make a special trip to tell thee that. Be careful, Percy, Ariadne. Aphrodite has led many heroes astray."

"For once I agree with Zoe," Thalia said. "You can't trust Aphrodite."

Grover was looking at Percy funny. The brunette assumed it was because he had an empathy link with Percy and could most likely feel his nerves.

Ariadne nodded. She wouldn't tell them until she had too. She needed time to think about what her feelings meant and how she would go about them.

"So," Percy said, anxious to change the subject, "how do we get out of here?"

"That way," Zoe said. "That is west."

"How can you tell?"

Ariadne rolled her eyes. Her eyes flowed brightly in the moonlight, purple watching the blinking stars above. "Ursa Major is in the north," she said, "which means that must be west."

She pointed west, then at northern constellation. Percy stares at her for a few seconds before following her hand and squinting at the sky, trying to see where it was. Grover was smirking to himself.

"Oh, yeah," he said. "The bear thing."

Zoe looked offended. "Show some respect. It was a fine bear. A worthy opponent."

"You act like it was real."

"Guys," Grover broke in. "Look!"

They'd reached the crest of the junk mountain. Pipes of metal objects glinted in the moonlight: broken heads of bronze horses, metal legs from human statues, smashed chariots, tons of shields and swords and other weapons, along with more modern stuff, like cars that gleamed gold and silver, refrigerators, washing machines and computer monitors.

If Beckendorf has been there, she knew he would cry with happiness.

"Whoa," Bianca said. "That stuff... some of it looks like real gold."