44

Namjoon POV

"That's a wrap!" The director finally yelled.

Jin, Taehyung, and I let out an exhausted groan as we cheered for finishing the last shoot of the day.

It was already pretty late so I assumed Minyoung was probably gonna be worried.

So I decided to call her.

But before I had the chance to, my phone began ringing.

It was Sooah?

"Sooah? Why did you call?" I asked curiously.

"Something really really really bad has happened I think."

My heart began to race.

"What do you mean something bad has happened?"

"I mean something bad has happened you idiot! Look, Minyoung just called me and she sounded really out of breath and tired. She told me that she wasn't going to be coming to school for a while because she wasn't feeling well. And then she randomly told me to send her notes about code silver which is something we studied a while ago."

"She never misses school," I said.

"Yes but the code silver part is the most important part of this, genius. As you already know, part of our social working training is knowing basic doctoring skills as well as how to tell if someone is coding. In a hospital, code silver means weapon or hostage situation."

A lump formed in my throat and a wave of dizziness rolled through me. I thought I was going to die from the immense pain in my heart.

"You don't think..."

"I wish I didn't, but this is Minyoung we're talking about. She doesn't say stuff like this ever. You know that better than anyone else. Jimin and I are heading over right now, I suggest you do the same. I think something really bad has happened."

"Shit. Okay, I'm on my way right now."

I hung up the phone and practically sprinted to Jin who was leisurely talking with Taehyung.

"Hyung we need to go right now. Something has happened to Minyoung," I said.

Jin's eyes widened in shock. With a resolute nod he ran to the garage to go pull up the car.

Taehyung had also offered to come over for support.

The three of us piled into Jin's car and sped off towards the house.

My heart was in my throat and all the possible bad things that could've happened were playing through my head.

I thought I was going to be sick thinking about how if something had happened, that I wouldn't have been there to protect her.

This was my fault.

"Stop it hyung. It's not your fault," Taehyung said as if he could read my mind.

"Exactly. The only person at fault here is that creep. And we're gonna make sure he gets the pain he deserves. Right now, let's think positive," Jin added.

After that the drive was silent and tense as the three of us raced back home.

And when we got back, a feeling of dread set in at what we saw.

There were police everywhere and several of Jin's neighbors were outside talking with police.

I wanted to vomit. Something bad had happened, and I hadn't been there to protect her.