46

Namjoon POV

"She hates cupcakes with a passion though," I said.

"Hyung I know that! That's why I'm saying, I think she was trying to give us a hint. It's obvious that all her posts have been uploaded by Jangjun, but maybe he let her use the phone and this was her way of telling us where she was."

I listened to Jimin's words carefully, researching cupcake places in the area.

Ever since we found out, I've been going nuts trying to find her, but we had absolutely no leads.

But I refused to do anything else. I needed to feel like I was at least trying to find her.

Because I was going off of virtually nothing so I felt hopeless.

I hadn't slept in a week, and had barely eaten anything either aside from the occasional granola bar that Sooah always force fed me.

But this cupcake lead, it was something. Because Minyoung absolutely despised cupcakes. She would always cutely complain about them every time we went to a bakery.

This had to mean something.

But, there were hundreds of cupcake places in Seoul, assuming she was still in Seoul.

I had no idea where to start.

"Jimin, I've found hundred of cupcake places, this isn't going to work."

There was some shuffling on the other end. And then I heard Yoongi's voice.

"Namjoon listen carefully. Minyoung texted us. She said that she was staying in a place right across from a cupcake place. Look for cupcake places near residential areas then click on the map and see the street view of it."

I sighed. It was utterly exhausting to do this, but I had to. Because I knew Minyoung was still fighting, so I had to too.

"Okay hyung I'll check it out. I'll call you back as soon as I narrow it down."

"Okay. Take care of yourself okay? There's no need to die before we even get her back. She'd pretty upset if that happened."

I let out a halfhearted chuckle, "Yeah sure. See you."

I hung up the call and focused back on my detective work.

There was a soft knock on the door which Jin answered.

It was Sooah and Minhee.

The girls had been coming over almost daily to help me out and always brought coffee and snacks for me.

I thought they'd be furious at me for letting this happen to Minyoung, but instead they helped me out and constantly made sure I was doing okay.

Sooah set down a cup of coffee next to me while climbing onto the couch beside me.

I filled the two of them in on the cupcake incident.

Minhee's eyes widened in shock.

"Wait, I have a sneaking suspicion about this. Think about it logically, Jangjun is obviously monitoring her phone right. He's probably writing all the captions and whatnot. So even if he let her take the phone to talk to the guys, he would've read over the texts wouldn't he?"

"Probably," Sooah answered.

"Well clearly this guy isn't as smart and meticulous as we're thinking. He didn't know what code silver meant and the fact that he let the obvious hint pass by shows he probably has no idea there's a cupcake shop across from them. Meaning that it's probably not obvious and is a small shop sandwiched in between two possibly bigger stores."