chapter 5

A few hours later you heard a truck pull up to your house outside, your mom was back. You ran outside and hugged your mama, you hadn't seen her in a few months since she was taking care of your grandfather. "Hey kiddo, I missed you too." said your mama grinning while hugging you back then patting you on the head, "Can you help us unpack?" 

"Of course," you said running inside to get your brother. Soon all of you were helping your grandfather move into the guest room. You wanted to hurry because your arms were still sore from earlier today and you wanted to focus your energy on preparing for school. You lifted the last box out of the truck and brung it to the kitchen. "That's it, that's all the boxes" you informed your family as you filled the cupboards with your grandfathers dishware. 

"Just in the nick of time to, the moving truck is due in twenty minutes." your mom said, "I'll be off, don't cause to much trouble while I'm gone." Your mothers kissed and hugged before leaving. Your grandfather meanwhile was having less and less patience with the television in front of him. 

"Gah, what am I suppose to watch on this darn thing," he exclaimed. You walked over a bit aggravated by his tone but kept your cool none the less. 

"What DO you want to watch?" you asked taking the remote from him.

"Something real." 

"Like a documentary?" 

"No, like the news. That's REAL." Your rolled your eyes and switched to the local news. They were talking about high school sports. You didn't find this particularly interesting but your grandfather found it interesting and that's all that mattered. 

You set down tea for your grandfather while watching the television, they were talking about Aoba Johsai. You stopped to listen. "Issei Matsukawa, vice-captain Hajime Iwaizumi, and lastly, captain of the volleyball team Toru Oikawa." the news lady read off. She continued to read more volleyball players' names from different teams, and who they were up against. Oikawa was on the volleyball team? Not only was he on the volleyball team, but he was also captain. 

You head up to your room, had he already told you and you forget? You were already being a terrible friend. You decided to contact him

You - You're on the volleyball team? You never told me that, you must be so good! 

Oikawa - I thought I told you but ya I am on the volleyball team, you should come to one of my games sometimes. 

You - I will! You better practice hard. 

Oikawa - always

The next day was uneventful and plain as all you were doing was buying school supplies and taking care of your grandfather while your mother was at work. Finally, the day came, it was time for your first day at Aoba Johsai High School. You excitedly put on your uniform and filled your bag only to be met with anxiety as soon as you left your house for school. The closer you got the slower you walked. 

What if the students there were mean? What if you got lost again and you couldn't find Iwaizumi or Oikawa-san to help you? What if the school was really hard and you would eventually be kicked out for poor grades? You took a deep breath closing your eyes for a second. You opened them feeling slightly calmer. The plants on the way to school were particularly beautiful on this path. It wasn't foggy anymore so you could see the sky clearly. You looked up at the sky, you could see the aftermath of the sunrise due to the horizon being a bit orange. 

You smiled as you slowly watched the orange in the sky turn to its classic sky blue. You turned on your heel and there you were Aoba Johsai High.

AUTHORS NOTE 

sorry this chapter was so short i wanted to be cool and have a cliff hanger don't @ me 😭