𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏 ꞉ 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐲

᪥ ┊ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏 ꞉   𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐲

᪥ ┊ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏 ꞉
  𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐲

——– ┊⁀➷ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 was mellifluous for themーalmost like a resonance that the students had been longing for; lunchtime

——– ┊⁀➷ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 was mellifluous for themーalmost like a resonance that the students had been longing for; lunchtime. The first term began not too long ago, but their given school works and projects have been boundless ever since, which induces the students to become antsy for a break.

A girl with roseate cheeks clenched unto her textbook as she walks towards Kaori who, on the other hand, took the chance to have an undisturbed zizz instead. With its sturdy hardcover, she thumps the head of her dear friend, ceasing her to sleep.

"Ow..."

Rubbing the top of her head, she looks up, only to see her still enraged friend standing behind her.

"What was that for, Ochako?"

"You know exactly why!"

Her chestnut hair bounced in anger; she has been wary for Kaori since that night. A repercussion might be awaiting her if the school finds out that a student snuck in at midnight while a storm was raging out outside. On top of that, she has already flouted quite several rules of their dorm in the past, which only adds fuel to the fire.

"Oh, that? It's been weeks since it happened!"

"It's not thatーwell it is, but there's something else."

Ochako looked around their classroom, ensuring that there was no one else inside but them. She hastily took the seat next to Kaori and motioned her to lend an ear, "I heard from other students..."

"...That blood stains were found in the hallways on the same night you snuck in."

Her eyebrows lifted at the unveiling of her friend, evoking that particular night and what she discerned before her. It was like a mark in her mind that refused to forsake her.

"They think it was that."

"What? That?"

It's not that it's a taboo to speak aboutーas a matter of fact, the daytime students are keen to know more about them. Unfortunately, due to their school's rigorous edicts and regulations for their safety, it was nailed by the head that it's best for the two groups to not meet.

They are not mediocre like what most people depicted them to be; there are quite a number of them imperturbably walking around without any ill intentions behind. However, hormones are quite high on teenagers these days, which induces their uncontrollable desires; this led the school system to asunder: morning classes for the mortals and night classes for vampires.

That's right, vampires.

"You didn't happen to meet one, did you?"

"No. I left right after I got my book."

As much as Kaori hates to lie, especially to Ochako, she just wants to bury what happened that night away from her mind. Thinking that if she had stayed any longer, she would've put herself into a bigger mess than it should be.

Or maybe, she already did.