Chapter 8-The search

The thing most dangerous about the void is void burn. Their black patches on the skin outlined in purple. People may think their bruises, but their not. They will make you very weak and could even kill you. But they also make you an easier target for spells.

•••

    "Saint are you sure you can function right?" Poppy asked a little concerned.

        Saint looked at him blankly and stood up, stumbling a bit but soon found his balance. He nodded his head silently then said.

        "Now answer my question."

        Poppy gulped and looked at Saint not saying a word.

         "NOW" Saint was getting impatient, anger flashed through his eyes.

          "H-He..." Poppy trailed off not knowing how to say it.

         "Well? Spit it out already!" Saint was very impatient now his arms crossed.

          "He got captured!" Poppy blurted out quickly then let out a breath he'd been holding.

          Saint stumbles back eyes wide. The color drained from his face. Suddenly losing his balance and ability to breath properly.

           "Do you know where they took him." Saint said voice and eyes cold.

Poppy shook his head and looked at Saint with sadness. Tears pricked Poppy's eyes and he smiled sadly.

"We did but now he's gone" Poppy responded quietly.

"What do you mean gone?!" Saint exclaimed panic flashing in his brown eyes.

       "No! No no he's not dead at least we don't think he is..." Poppy quickly said.

       "Well? What do you mean you don't think?!" Saint raised his voice panicked.

      "Gulf has a friend that is working for the guys who kidnapped him. He's telling Gulf everything and said he'd find a way for us to get in. But he said that when they were gonna start the plan something strange happened." Poppy explained.

       "What do you mean something strange happened?" Saint lowered his voice a bit.

      "Well he said that a kind of shield formed around Zee protecting him from the beam. Someone pushed him off the platform and then Zee disappeared." Poppy said quietly looking down at his feet.

       "He disappeared?" Saint tilted his head in confusion.

       "Most likely teleported to the void."

      Saint jumped at the sound of Mark behind him.

      "What do you mean the void?" Saint questioned clearly curious.

        "It's a place in between worlds, tell me Saint. Have you ever saw another you in your dreams?"

       Saint turned back around at Poppy's question.

       "Ok how come it seems like everyone knows about the void but me?" Saint muttered dryly. "But yes I have seen another me in my dreams. How do you know about that?" Saint tilted his head to the side.

        "Well that "other you" is most likely the you from another world. He also most likely used magic to walk into this world and your dreams. Also he may be the reason Zee is still alive right now." Poppy explained.

      Saint opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

      "Their right"

      All of them turned around in surprise to see another Saint sitting on the table behind them.