>|| 4 ||<

Shinso has been doing his best to look for any clues about you for the past few days. He still felt responsible for letting you escape that day. Despite what his teacher said, he knew that he had to stop you before you completely land yourself into deeper trouble.

It was Saturday, a perfect day to be out and not be nagged by his teacher and his classmates.

He thought it was gonna be a pain to even look for clues but to his surprise...

"AH! What are you doing here?!" Shinso exclaimed as he entered your old apartment.

"...It's you..." You said, closing your eyes before you turned around to meet with him. "...Hello, Shinso-san. Forgive me, but I'm gonna have to ask you to look for my blindfold. I seem to have lost it..."

"Blindfold?" He asked as he looked around. "You mean that white thing you put on your eyes?" You nodded. He looked around once again, looking for the white cloth. After searching for a few seconds, he found it under your bag. "I got it."

"Thank you. May I have it?" You asked, extending to where you heard his voice. It was silent for a few seconds that it made you wonder if he was still there. "Shinso-san..?"

"Why do you need this?" He asked as he stood right in front of you. But of course, you could only sense him.

"It prevents me from using my quirk accidentally." You replied honestly. "May I have it now?" You waited again, but instead of the soft white fabric, what you got was something cold on your wrist. 'Handcuffs?'

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you run around anymore." He said. But his eyes reflected sadness and pity. You smiled, understanding why he would do this. It made his frown how you could smile and do nothing. "Why aren't you trying to escape?!"

"Because you're a hero." You answered truthfully with a smile. "It's your job to capture and put the villain into jail. But... I'm afraid jail isn't where I'm going." Shinso asked where and the thought of it made you smile sadly, you didn't want it yet. "I have a death sentence. Everyone wants me dead."

"A... death sentence?" He asked with a shaky voice. He was going to bring you to justice, this was something good. But is it really? He's bringing someone to die.

"Yes, Shinso-san." You said. "The people won't be happy with me just being in prison. They want me dead. I killed many. I destroyed many lives. There's nothing else to it. So..." You paused, raising your hand and held his face. "Don't worry about me."

Your touch felt so soft and caring. It wasn't menacing or scary. It was the opposite. He thought that you would retaliate just like the other day, but you weren't.

"But you said your job isn't done yet! What is that you want!?" He exclaimed, holding into your arm.

"What I want..." You muttered. What did you want? What was the purpose of you doing all these? "I want to get rid of those who don't deserve their life. You're very lucky, Shinso-san. You can be a hero, a great symbol to the people. You capturing me will be a great thing to your name, so I'm letting you capture me."

"So... this is a freebie..." He grumbled, taking your hand off of him. "I'm not lucky. So don't ever call me lucky. I didn't work my ass off just to get a freebie."

"No, Shinso-san. Everyone is born either with all the luck in the world or the worst luck there is." You began as you walked back to the table and sat down. "I was born with worse luck. You are a child loved by the gods. You have a home, a family, a great quirk, a future. I protect those who have those."

"So you call killing those people 'protecting'?" He asked as he gripped his fists.

"Yes. And you are one of those." You answered with a light smile. "You're a precious human being, I want to protect that."

Shinso frowned and marched in front of you, slamming his hands on the table. Even with your eyes closed, you could see his glare and anger.

"Me, lucky? That's a load of bullshit!" He exclaimed angrily. How you were talking struck a chord on him. He wasn't lucky. He wasn't one of those people. "Say, why do you really kill those people?"

"I-" You froze, your whole body turning cold for a second. Your mind was blank, it wasn't responding to you. "...I kill people... to save those innocent children... they don't deserve to have such trash by their side..."

"Why do you want to save them?"

》》》》》◆《《《《《

"Ah." You gasped as you finally snapped out of your frozen state. Your hand went to your eyes and felt the blindfold back on and the cuffs were gone. You felt around and recognized that you were still in your old apartment. "Where did Shinso-san go..?"

》》》》》◆《《《《《

Shinso sighed as he returned to the dorms, his classmates greeting him as he arrived. He gave them a nod, as usual, and made his way back to his room, not one of them following after him, to which he was very grateful for.

He dropped to his bed tiredly. His tired eyes glued to the ceiling.

He sighed, taking out the scale from his pocket and inspecting it.

"To protect me huh..." He muttered as he admired the thing. It really was pretty.

He could remember your words. They never left his mind.

"Why do you want to save them?"

"...so they don't become like me. I don't want them to feel what I felt. I want to protect their innocence. I'll get rid of those who taint their luck, whatever way possible."

It made him wonder.

Were you really a villain?

What you did was wrong, yes. But no one else, not the heroes, not the police would deal with what you dealt with. None of them were willing to go that far to protect a single child. They wanted something big to increase their name.

It was the only thing they cared for.

"...lucky... ha..." That word made Shinso laugh. He wasn't lucky. All the shit he got for having such a villainous quirk.

It made him wonder once again.

Did you also go through that same shit? It was obvious you did. But it was also obvious that it was worse. It wasn't just names and people being afraid to approach. It was complete isolation, abandoned, and left alone. With no one. With nothing but that cursed power that made you even fear your own self.

"Shinso. Come with me." Aizawa said from behind the door. "The principal wants to talk with you."