>|| 5 ||<

Pitiful. It was the word that you would describe the world. The world was pitiful and everyone on it. You pitted those who lived in this world. You wanted to save them.

But who were you to play god?

You were born into a world filled with hate and anger, so you grew up with that hate and anger.

You were such a horrible child, not listening to her parents, fighting back and not obeying their every word. Such a horrible child.

But when you were four, your quirk manifested.

Yet another curse in your life.

"Ah... mother... is a statue..." Those words left your lips when you glanced at your mother as she held the bottle. She was grey and cold, like a stone.

With such cursed eyes, your father threw you into the streets. He didn't care if you were only four. He didn't want a cursed being in his home. And you could understand that. Even you wouldn't want yourself.

So you learned to live alone and in the streets.

You grew up watching the horrors of the world at such a young age.

Humans were pitiful creatures.

So you wanted to protect those who were acceptable, those who were innocent, those who were not like those horrible humans.

》》》》》◆《《《《《

"What a pitiful child... so young and innocent..." You hummed as you cradled the baby in your hands. You caressed his face ever so gently. "Don't worry... the rain will soon end... and bring a rainbow..."

Lighting strike the skies, lighting up the dark room and illuminating the stone statue behind you of a man holding a knife, aiming at the cradle. There was another one. A woman on the ground, bleeding out from her wound.

"P-please... sa-save my child..." The mother pleaded as she reached out to you, her tears mixing with the blood on the floor. "Pl-please..." You walked beside her, laying the baby beside her. She smiled. "G-grow up happy... my... baby..."

She took her final breath and you took the baby once again. You cradled the baby boy like it was your own. 'So pitiful... another child left alone...'

You took another scale and placed it on his clothes as you exited the apartment through the window and made your way down, making sure that the baby didn't get too wet.

》》》》》◆《《《《《

"You're so young but you were unlucky to have parents such as them..." You said as you placed the baby on the table inside one of the rooms of the orphanage. "Goodbye..."

You gave him a kiss on the head before making your way to the window and scaping once again. Of course, leaving him a little souvenir.

You walked on the rainy night, on your hand was an umbrella you snatched from outside the grocery store.

The pitter patter of the rain made everything seem so calm and quiet. It was peaceful. If only it was like this all the time. It was cold. Cold wasn't good for you. You could die in the cold.

You picked up your pace, letting your feet take you wherever they could. You can't go back to your old place, the heroes might've gone there already.

'Ah... looks like I'm stuck outside again...' You sighed as you entered an alleyway. You know the city to the nook and crannies. Living in them for so long, you basically made your own secrets ways and little homes that aren't known to anyway. It was a rough childhood, but at least you got to experience those fun times.

The alley was filled with various junks, boxes, trash, and old stuff. You went over to the pile of old stuff and pushed them off from the fall and there was a small hole. You crawled inside and placed the junk back.

'Home number 26.' You recognized the place. It was an old attic of an apartment home that was locked from outside and inside. It was extremely dirty and cramped, but this will do. 'But number 5 was better... too bad they took it down...'

You walked over to the small corner that had a few blankets and used it as your little comfort blanket. You brought your knees to your chest, hoping to preserve your body temperature.

'Ah... I'm hungry... I should've taken the dinner they had at that child's home...' You sighed, shaking your head. There was nothing you could do about it now. You were far from that home. You rest your head on your knees and close your eyes. 'I need to rest first...'

》》》》》◆《《《《《

A few hours ago.

Shinso was sitting at the principal's office as he sipped tea. He was offered some but he declined. Right beside the principal was Aizawa and Midnight. The two of them looked solemn for some reason.

"Shinso, Aizawa told me that you encountered 'Medusa', correct?" The principal asked. Shinso nodded, finding no reason to lie. "Then, we would like you to join Aizawa, Midnight, and the police on capturing her."

"What?" Shinso asked.

"The police want to capture Medusa after so many years of slipping from them," The principal explained with his usual carefree smile. "In a few days, they will put the city on lockdown. They will check every nook and cranny, check every person, every single place to find her. Since you encountered her personally, they want you to help them."

"...then what happens?" Shinso asked once more. He wasn't liking this idea.

"Well, she'll need to serve her sentence of course." Nezu replied. He chuckled already knowing what the boy was going to ask next. "Her sentence is... a death sentence."

Aizawa noticed the horror in his student's eyes. He couldn't blame him. Even he found it unfair to give a child a death sentence. His sense of being a hero and a teacher were mixing. He knows that being a villain and being a child are two different things. He doesn't know which one to follow.

'Dammit.' Aizawa spat as he clenched his fists. 'I told you not to go after her! Dammit...'

Midnight could see what her friend was going through. She too thinks that it was excessive to give a death sentence. But what can she do? Nothing.

"Principal..." Shinso began, as he locked eyes with his principal. "I refuse."

"Oh, what a surprise this is." Nezu chuckled as he poured more tea. "I definitely would've thought you'd agree with how much you seem to be researching about her case."

There was silence in the air as the four of them didn't utter a single word.

"If that's the case, then, let me propose to you another idea." The principal said as he rummaged through his drawer. Once he found what he was looking for, he placed it on the table. "How about this, help Aizawa and Midnight rescue her from the police's hand. She'll be placed under our care. The police won't be able to touch her here."

"I'LL DO IT!" Shinso agreed without hesitation.

If he wants to be a real hero, he needed to save you. Not from your prison life. Not from your death sentence. But from yourself.

You reminded him of his old self. And he wants to change that.

"Then, let me tell you the plan that I've had since five years ago." Nezu said with a smile, surprising Shinso and the teachers. "Yes. For five years I've wanted her here to be protected. She's just a child. And a school protects and leads children to a bright future."

||A.N||

Update information will be on that one book with RM's face