3

Abhiyaan

Age 5

Manyata and I were playing in the park when my grandmother arrived with Anvi and my little brother wrapped in blue sheets with doremon imprints.

"Granny, please let me hold the little baby. I promise not to bring him down," Manyata suite in excitement.

"OK, grandmother, I'll let her play with my brother," I'll let her hold my little brother.

"No, she can't," cried Anvi.

"Why Anvi? I want to play, if you don't mind. Only once," pleaded Manyata.

"I will not. You already took my brother. If you also take Chay, who will play with me, I will be alone again," Anvi told Manyata.

"Anvi please, I promise to give my latest collection of 'Barbie with bath set," Manyata tried to bribe.

"No, if you want to play with the baby, tell your parents to buy you this," Anvi viciously denied it.

Between their noises my little baby wakes up and begins to cry, and grandma left us kids with the maid instructing to stay back with us kids and come back before dark and not let us fight.

Between their noises my little baby wakes up and begins to cry, and  grandma left us kids with the maid instructing to stay back with us kids and come back before dark and not let us fight

We were going to start playing, when Manyata told Anvi, I'm not your friend now. My parents will bring me a baby and I won't let you play with my baby either," Manyata showed her anger.

"Manyata and Anvi, babies are not sold in market", I informed both girls, shaking head at their silliest. I thought the same way until Papa told Mama got a baby in her belly.

"Really?" Manyata was taken aback.

Yes, moms make them in the tummy. Then the tummies are cut to free the baby," I shared my knowledge.

"Oh!! Chay came out from big tummy of mummy?" Anvi cried out for doubt.

"Yes," I cleared it.

"This is why Aunt Priya returned thin," Manyata added her point of view.

"But who put Chay in the tummy mommy?" Anvi interrogated her brother.

"That I don't know", I felt bad for my incomplete wisdom.

"Let's ask Grandma," Anvi suggested.

Hang on, I'll ask Mom and Dad to make me one. You are three babies to play now and I have no one", Manyata announced her decision to be equal with them.

"I am always present, Manyata." Don't worry," I expressed concern.

"But you're not staying with me," explains Manyata.

"Someday I'll take you home to live with me," I promised.

"But I would like my own baby. A little angel came into my uncle's house as well. Now I want to have my baby" Manyata wrinkled her eyebrows.

"But babies are of Mommy, Dad only, they are our brother or sister", I rectified her.

"You forget me once more. You just," grunted Anvi.

"No, we haven't. Just don't cry like a baby," we tried to pacify Anvi.

"You are one year older to me, still everyone thinks, I am your older brother because you cry all the time", I fretted in Anvi.

Pov ends

***

Later in the evening, the kids returned home. It was nearly supper time for the children, because they have school in the morning.

The schedule was extremely hectic for Eshita and Ritesh because last month Priya delivered Chaitanya. Getting all the kids ready, packing tiffin's of three, picking and dropping were Aggarwal's tasks.

"Manyata finish your dinner fast, you have to brush too, before sleeping", Eshita told her daughter Manyata.

"I am not hungry. I won't eat this", Manyata showed tantrums.

"Okay, what is my baby's demand now?" Ritesh pampered her daughter.

"I want a baby", Manyata asked her father.

"What?" Eshita asked, startled.

"Yes, make a baby for me", Manyata re-confirmed her demand.

"From where you learnt this, Make a baby?" asked Eshita, taken aback by the words of her daughter.

Abhi's got two babies to play at home now. Anvi won't let me touch the little one. She says, if I want to play, then tell you to do it," she explained her grief.

"And, who told you babies are made?" Ritesh questioned his daughter.

"Abhi, he told me, Chay was in the belly and Aunt Priya was cut from the belly to bring him out," Manyata told her father.

"Okay, so my baby also wants a baby now," Ritesh laughed at the words of her daughter.

"Yes, and I won't eat food until you give me a baby," Manyata went on a tantrum.

"Baby, but babies don't go out like this, it takes time for everything," Eshita tries to reason and make her eat.

"Okay, chill out, Manyata, I promise my angel I'll give you a baby. But as Mumma says it takes time, so I will get you a toy baby to play till time, me and your Mumma make a baby for you", Ritesh struggled to convince her daughter and winked at his wife, while she glares at him in response.

"Now, have supper." I will tell Priya Aunty to let you play with little baby", Eshita said and forwarded a spoon of rice.

"But you also promise to sleep with grandma or in your own room, if you want us to make baby," Ritesh stressed go Manyata.

Eshita punched him on his shoulder while he was laughing, leaving Manyata puzzled.