Issue #10

You looked at the Anti-Men all around you as you clenched your fists. You were going to be so sore tomorrow. You suddenly thought of something.

Thor: Avengers Assemble!

Y/N: WAIT!

Everyone froze and turned towards you.

Y/N: Bull guy just told us that the phases will still be random. I'm running the numbers through my head right now and this doesn't make sense. The odds of an army showing up here, at this exact moment, in this exact location, are very low.

Cyclops: They're just as confused as we are.

You all looked around as Spidey sloely approached one of the men.

Spidey: I hate to admit it, but my Spider-Sene isn't tingling. The kids are probably right!

Hulk: Kids?

Thor: Arguing semantics is the privilege of calm surroundings. Necessary apologies will be made all around, later.

Y/N: They better be. I'm just about ready to tear Falcon a new one.

Suddenly, a doglooking Anti-Man dropped his weapon.

Dog: Where...? One moment I was at weapon practice then, where is my wife? My family?!

Nadia shrunk down and flew over to the dog.

Nadia: Stay calm ok. You have been transported to Earth!

Dog: But we live on...

Nadia: Fine! Fine! What you call counter-earth, same as we do to your planet. We already got enough confusion to spread around, alright?

Y/N: Confusion is right.

Nadia flew back towards you and landed on your shoulder.

Dog: We are not so alien from you. God our lord has touched us each in benefiting ways, raising us from our former incarnations. Rebuilding each of us to better serve the world he created. We mean you no harm.

Y/N: Thank god. I did not feel like fighting a bunch of buff furries.

Wolf: Well I do! Praise be to the highest!

A wolf Anti-Man lifted up his staff and fired off a blast through Vision's head which he avoided by phasing through it. Hercules grabbed the staff and forced it away.

Wolf: Heretics! I AM SURROUNDED BY HERETICS! Only the true of heart who are willing to sacrifice all will be sanctified to usher in accession!

Spidey: Accession. Translation, fast.

Dog: What is a god without loyal followers? There are rumors that his most zealous acolytes are on a holy mission to cleanse two worlds. Most of us don't know what it means, exactly...

Nova pulled out his phone and looked at the news.

Nova: Well, I've got a pretty good idea. Reports are coming in all over that "beasts that walk like men" are arriving to terrorize entire cities!

Spider-Man: Hooray for zealotry. Not everyone is as non-threatening as this crowd. Plan?

You rubbed your chin.

Vision: Two teams. Champions stay here to subdue rouge Anti-Men. The Avengers take the fight tor counter earth to find my.. to find our teammates.

Nova: No way! I've been there! Have all of you?

Y/N: And I'm an expert of Vibrational Frequency. If there's a machine that can stop the phasing, I can work it. I also have experience in search and rescue.