Issue #11

Georgetown, Washington DC....

You sat on the couch at the Vision's residence with the other Champions and some of the Avengers. You sighed as you rested your head on the arm back of the couch while Ms. Marvel was leaning on your shoulder. You felt nothing but guilt. You were supposed to watch Viv. You were supposed to protect her. She died. You failed Vision. You failed the team. You failed Viv.

Y/N: Damnit.

You clenched your fists before you stood up causing Marvel to sit up. You walked out of the house to get some fresh air. Vision was working to rebuild Viv's body and hasn't said a word to anyone since you returned to your earth. Thor was able to return you all after her hammer was able to stabilize and breach through the vibrational boundaries. There was a small funeral that you had attended but you were in a daze through most of it.

You sat on the front lawn as you tried to think about everything. First it was a meteor, then it was a different earth, then a world ending disaster, then loosing a friend. If this was what it was like to be an Avenger, you were glad you were just a Champion. You suddenly missed the days where you worked alone.

Cyclops: Calm down!

Nova: Screw you!

You looked back and saw the two boys arguing across the lawn. You stood up and rushed over when you nkticed Nova was about to blow.

Y/N: What's going on here?!

Cyclops: Can you help me out here? Sam's going crazy.

Nova: I'm going crazy?! I think this is the most sane thing I've done in the last week.

Y/N: What are you talking about?

Nova: I'm leaving the Champions. I'm done with this crap.

Y/N: What crap?! Talk to me dude.

Nova: There's no need to. I'm done.

Cyclops groaned before he turned back fo the house. You watched him leave before turning back to Nova.

Y/N: Hey, what's up man?

Nova: What do you think? Viv is gone. The only one who treated me like I wasn't inferior.

Y/N: Inferior? Wait, do you think you're inferior to everyone else on the team? You're joking right?

Nova: I'm dead serious! Everyone else is smart or a good leader! I'm just some kid with a helmet.

Y/N: That gives you powers. Why didn't you say anything before?

Nova: I, I don't know. Viv was the one who treated me like an equal.

You placed a hand on his shoulder. You activated your helmet so he could see your face.

Y/N: I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like you were anything less than what you are. You're pretty amazing all things considered.

Nova looked at you for a moment before he shook his head.

Nova: I don't care. I, I just can't do this anymore.

Cyclops: He won't listen to reason!

You activated your helmet to hide your face as the rest of the Champions, Thor, Falcon, and Hercules walked out.

Nova: This isn't about reason Cyclops. I quit. I can't be with you guys anymore. I quit the Champions.

Amadeus walked over and tried to calm him down.

Amadeus: Woah dude. There's so much anger coming off you that you're giving me a sunburn.

Nova swatted his hand away.