Issue #19

You and Timber stood at the edge of a building as you looked up at the world trade center. The last time you saw this place, Viv and Falcon were pulled into counter-earth. Now, this was where you were going to face your father and stop his plan for mass genocide.

Y/N: We can't fail here. If we do, millions of innocent people will die.

Y/N L/N. Leviathan. Champion.

Timber nodded.

Timber. Teleporting Wolf. Boy's Best Friend.

You were about to shot out a line but your watch signaled for a call. You looked down and saw it was an unknown source.

Y/N: Hello?

Doctor: My boy. I see you figured it out ahead of schedule.

Doctor. Dad. Bad Guy.

Y/N: And I'm going to stop you ahead of schedule to.

Doctor: You can try. I'll even give you a chance to stop all this. Defeat me and I will not active the machine. Lose, I will kill you along with the other worthless scum on this planet.

You looked down on the streets below and saw several men dress in white walking among the crowds.

Doctor: And to make matters interesting, I will have my men ready to speed up the process. In thirty minutes, they will open fire. With the heroes distracted, me and you will be alone.

You looked in horror as you saw even more men in white appear.

Doctor: Tick toc my boy. Tick, toc.

He hung up and you looked at the building. You had to defeat him in thirty minutes or the men will start the slaughter.

Y/N: Timber. You have to teleport us to the world trade center.

Timber nodded and attempted to do so. It didn't work. You looked uo at the building and saw that it looked, off.

Y/N: He must have some kind of shield around it to stop you from teleporting there.

You shook your head. Looks like you had to swing there. You shot out a line and swung through the buildings. As you did, the Doctor talked.

Doctor: You asked about a war before, did you not?

Y/N: This isn't a game!

Doctor: Of course not. This is a revolution. You see, I told my men that they will be injected with the genes they needed to survive. However, I only have so many. How do I distribute them all?

Y/N: Don't tell me...

Doctor: The ones with the most kills will get the genes. Of course this causes some competition. A, war if you will. Even the Hand couldn't help but get in on the deal. Of course I didn't tell them that there won't be any genes left.

Y/N: You're sick.

Doctor: I'm not the sick one.

He hung up as you continued to swing. The dark clouds above the city told you it was going to rain. This is what he wanted. As soon as the chemical hits those clouds, it was game over. You and to hurry. Finally, you reached the building. You were right. There was a barrier around it.

You landed on the street before it and looked up. You placed your hand on the barrier and found that you passed by just fine. You walked in and looked around.

Doctor: Are you surpised you got in? Don't be. You have my DNA after all.

You looked up and activated your boots before you started to run up the side of the building. You shot out a line once you were close enough and grappled the rest of the way up. You landed on the roof and stood up to face your father. He had his back turned to you as he stood at the edge looking up.