ᠻ​

For once, you knew this day would come. The fear that they had to reveal their mask. You've watched them. You understand that it was their decision and you respected it. 

"Kairi-kun," you said, the night before the next fateful morning. 

He was sitting at bar, looking out the window. You carefully take a seat next to him, careful not to disrupt his thought. Although your distance was closed, it felt like you guys were miles apart. 

"Kairi-kun?" You called one more time. You felt his warm hand placed on top of yours. 

"Y/N, what do you think will happen tomorrow?" he asked. You could sense his fear. You placed your other hands on his shoulder and turned him around to face you. 

Both of you looked into each other's eyes. You could see straight through him. He was scared. You were scared too. But you had told yourself many times that you would not let your weakness be a burden to Kairi. 

"єνєяутнιиg ωιℓℓ вє σкαу," you told him. 

Kairi's POV

I smiled at the word. But I knew. 

Everything will be okay. she said. I looked at her in the eyes. She thought she could hide it from me, but I knew she was just as concerned as I was. 

Yet she still brought up the courage to say "Everything will be okay."  She rather hid all of her anxiety to make me feel better at ease. 

I quickly pulled her closer into my arm and hugged her tight. 

"What would I do without you?" I murmured. She hugged me back. I could sense her smile. We snuggled closer and stay like that for a few moments. Before we both pulled back. 

"It's getting late, I'll walk you home," I told her. She nodded. 

Normal POV

Kairi and you were walking down the road. Suddenly you stopped causing Kairi to stop as well. 

"Is there something wrong?" Kairi asked. You shook your head. But you grabbed Kairi's arm and pointed toward the stars shining brightly in the sky. 

"Do you see that two stars not so far from each other?" you asked Kairi. He nodded. 

"It's just like us," you told him. 

"Eh?" Kairi asked in confusion. 

"I will wait for you no matter what happened tomorrow." you simply put it into words. He was surprised to hear that but yet it brought Kairi his comfort. 

"Until one day, when you, Umika, and Touma successfully rescued your loved ones, I will always stand by your side to support all of you." You smiled warmly at Kairi, looking up to him. 

Kairi looked down and smiled back at you. 

"But it's not fair to you." Kairi stated. You looked at him puzzledly. 

"I will be there for you whenever you need," he stated back, pinching your nose. 

"I prefer that you will never pinch my nose over that." you yelped, rubbing your nose after he released it. 

"Awww....but it's fun." Kairi teased. 

"Not for me and Umika." you pouted, looking away and started walking. 

"Hey! Wait for me!" He called, running up to you. Of course, Kairi managed to catch up to you and seize your hand. 

"Here's my promise to you, as long as this hand gets a hold of mine, I'm not letting you go," he stated and winked at you. You blushed. You and Kairi had always been flirting with each other. 

Everyone knows how much you two like each other and always encourage you both to come together.  However, you guys have decided to wait until all lupin collections were collected and the Ganglers were defeated. 

You soon reached your house and waved Kairi goodbye. 

"Good Night, Y/N!" he stated before leaving the porch. But you pulled him back. He looked at you surprised. 

You tiptoed up to cheek and placed a kiss. 

"Good night, Kairi-kun. Sweet dream." You smiled and quickly headed in when he was still daze. 

"Matte." he finally came to senses but you were already gone. "That girl," he stated and chuckled, as his hand crept up to the place where you placed the kiss. 

He smiled and looked up at the same two stars from earlier. I promise to return alive for you, Y/N.

NOTE: THIS IS WRITTEN AROUND EP 47/EP 48, WHERE NOEL WAS CAPTURED AND THE LUPINRANGER HAD TO REVEAL THEIR TRUE IDENTITIES. 

I was at first wondering whether I should write this sequel after everything or near the final episodes. And finally decided to do this. 

Hope you guys like it! 

Til' next time, 

Adieu~~~