"Is it safe to return...even though Noel said I would be fine...but I'm not so sure..."

Present Time

Is this the restaurant Noel asked me to come to?  You stated in your mind. You opened the door. The doorbell rang. 

A familiar greeted you. 

"Welcome to our restaurant." 

You peeked in. It was none other than...Touma. Touma heard no response from the guest so he looked up and his eye widened. 

You smiled awkwardly and was thinking way to get out, but Touma reacted quicker than you. He grabbed your bag tight. 

"Y/N, long time no see," Touma said, unsure of what to add. 

"Yeah. Long time no see. H--how are you?" you asked. The atmosphere was kind of awkward. 

"I'm--good. Why don't sit down? I'll get you a menu." Touma stated, reminding himself you are now a guest. 

"No, it's okay. I'm going to--" you stated. 

"If you leave now, I'm going to call Umika and Kairi immediately." he blurted out. He knew that you wouldn't want more people to know that you're back. 

You looked into his eyes and knew he was serious about it. 

"Fine." you huffed, sitting down at the counter. Touma sighed, How should I tell Kairi? 

"So where have you been? All of us were worried sick for you...you know...since..." Touma said, trying to find the right word in his mind. 

"I know." you sighed, not wanting to look up. 

"I didn't want to be a burden to you guys...You already know there are officials, who are still trying to search for you. So..." you said. 

"I know why you did what you did. We all understand. But Kairi and Umika were devastated...especially Kairi." Touma informed you. 

"I didn't mean to hurt them. I was just trying to pr--" you stated but was interrupted. 

"protect us..." Touma helped you finish your sentence. 

Another awkward silence. 

"How did you find this place anyway? What made you decided to come back?" Touma asked. You stared at him for a while before letting out a sigh. 

"Noel asked me to come back, he said he had some important issues to discuss with me. I don't even know how he got in contact with me, but it was probably one of the Lupin collection..." you explained. 

Touma nodded. 

"He sent me this address. So here I am," you stated. Touma nodded his head once again. 

"How are you guys? You and Aya-san..." you asked. 

"We've been in hiding as well. Well...I've been keeping my distance for Aya, for her own safety." Touma explained. You didn't continue to ask more. You could sense it was a hard decision on him. Even though he was able to rescue his fiance, he wasn't able to live with her. 

Then it hit you. "H--how ab-about Kairi-kun? Is h-he with his br--brother?" you stammered. 

Touma let a small smile. He could see you still have feelings for the Lupin Red. 

"He's currently in hiding as well..." Touma explained. 

"Oh." was all you could say. 

"I guess I should leave now. Before another person come in and recognize either of us..." you said. Touma wanted to stop you but he just nodded.