Chapter 19

"You said he may be scouting," the brunette witch looked toward the man she loved with her whole being. "What does that mean? Can't we just tell him to leave? There is nothing here he wants anymore, right?"

"I wish it were that simple," he confessed. "But no." He was lying to her. She could feel it. They could leave together and never return to the house. Running away was not exactly what she would normally suggest, but she felt that it was probably the best option they had.

"I am willing to bet that he already knows a child lives here. I hate him. Ever since he infected me with this cursed disease when I was a little boy. It's time I ended this for good. Starting tonight the children of the wizarding world will sleep peacefully knowing that Fenrir Greyback is no more."

"Shouldn't you maybe wait until the next full moon when you have all of your strength?" She didn't want to insult his plan of action, but it appeared to be said out of frustration and not out of reason. She knew he needed to keep a level head and Moony wasn't letting him. "That way, Moony will be completely with you. I will transform, too. If we leave now and hunt him together in a couple weeks, we can bring him to justice. We can take him to where he belongs. Azkaban. It's too dangerous to fight him now."

He shot her a look. She wasn't sure if he was mad at her or agreed with her logic. The idea of bringing this monster to Azkaban didn't seem like the worst idea. It was said to be the worst place ever imaginable. Sirius had told Remus some about it and said that he would rather die, than be sent back to Azkaban Prison.

"Either way," she started again. "Whatever you choose to do, I'm here. Beside you."

His eyes softened, and he gave her a kiss. She really was wise beyond her years. She was right. He couldn't fight him now. He wouldn't stand a chance. He kissed her again. Tenderly at first and then he found himself needing more from her. He kissed her harshly, as if he was begging her to forgive him.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The towering animalistic figured taunted the couple. The cottage's ceiling support beam cast a shadow on his face, making him appear even more menacing, if that was possible.

Remus instinctively shoved Hermione behind him, as he also disarmed the silencing charm he had placed on them earlier. "What do you want?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

The foul creature seemed to almost purr in delight, as he licked his chops and rubbed his enormous hands together. "Well, I was looking for your beautiful baby boy, but it seems you've sent him away. Such the good father, aren't we?" He took a step toward them. "So, I suppose the little bitch will suffice. For now."

Something snapped inside Remus then. His blood was boiling. Both Remus and Moony knew Hermione and Susi needed him. Moony didn't seem to care that he wasn't able to transform. He had to protect the woman he loved; had to protect his mate. He growled and in the blink of an eye had his wand at Greyback's throat.

"I've got a better idea," Moony sneered from inside Remus, his eyes flashing, turning a frightening golden yellow. "You leave my home, now, and I won't kill you for trespassing."

Fate Always Finds a Wayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें