Prologue

"Ms. Agnes, your word is loathe." The principal of Starling City Middle School said smiling at the crowd. 

It's funny how things can be so coincidental like that. I'm forced into this school full of nit-wits who I absolutely loathe.  As much as I wanted to push the principal off his high horse and let him bleed out right there on that stage I knew the consequences. I knew the risk that it put for my family. 

I smiled falsely at the principal, "Loathe, L-O-A-T-H-E, Loathe."

Mr. High-And-Mighty grinned at me, "That is correct."

I returned to my reserved seat on the stage and looked out in the crowd. Who here at School de Morons do I loathe the most? I mean there were a lot of options to choose from. There was Cathy Smith, she told me that I looked like a horse in front of the boy I liked. But, there's also stupid Arnold Pierce with his stupid designer clothes that he likes to rub in my face and only my face. Finally, there was Corey Miller. God how I hated Corey Miller. He beat me in the second grade science fair with a paper-mache volcano. I created a program that shows the constellations in their exact point in the sky in holographic form. He only won because his mom was the Judge, and everyone knows that.  

The spelling bee was over and of course I won first place. Who else would have won? Sarah  McEntire with the lisp? She couldn't say her own last name without spitting her germs all over half the city.

I'm pretty much a genius. I basically came out of the womb knowing the scientific method. Of course don't let that intimidate you, I still have a long time until I can take over the world.

End of Prologue.