one

Perfect. Just. Perfect. School starts in 30 minutes and I poured pomegranate juice  all over my new white blouse. It wasn't my fault I swear. My brainless step-brother, Robert, left his full cup of juice out on the counter. If I had the chance, I would make him pay for all the stupid things he does around the house. He ruins everything. My blouse, my sanity, he even took my dad away from me. All I hear now-a-days is Robert this, Robert that, Robert, Robert, ROBERT!

I walked into "brother dearest's" room, "Hey, idiot. You owe me a new shirt."

Robert scoffed, "I didn't do anything!"

"Yes you did! You left your juice out on the counter!" I spat.

"No I didn't. I hate the juice my mom and Adrian buys." He argued.

"Well you're the only other one home and I know for sure it's not Minerva!" A coo was heard from outside the bedroom window.

"Why did you even name that thing it's so weird. I thought owls were nocturnal." Robert questioned.

"Minerva's different. God why am I explaining this to you!" I stormed out of my step-brothers  room and entered my own to change my clothes.

+++

Lunch. A time where students from all over Starling City join together in absolute chaos. Where I choose to sit every single day is very crucial to my image. I could always sit with Nancy Packwood, she seemed nice, but she has the most annoying laugh. I looked around the room, searching for faces who I deemed worthy of my presence. One stuck out from the crowd, it wasn't a student that's for sure. An old man was standing near the entrance of the cafeteria. He looked both ways before running to the right. I followed. What can I say I'm nosy by nature.

He stopped in front of the exit and I turned behind the corner. He was met with a blonde lady in white and a tall bald man.

"Find anything?" The old man said. He sounded oddly familiar.

"Nothing." The woman said with a huff.

They continued talking back and forth about some animal.

"What are we staring at?" A voiced said behind me. I stumbled back and created a bang when my body collided with a couple lockers. I looked intensely at the source of the voice. Corey Miller.

The three people looked around suspiciously.

"We're being watched. Move out!" The lady in white told her comrades. Then all three ran out the exit.

I turned to Corey, "Great going. Now they're gone."

"No they're not. Just follow them." He shrugged.

I took his words into consideration and went out the door and of course he just had to follow me.

Once we were both outside the bald man from before pointed a gun at us. Unlike Corey who was looking like he was going to cry, I just stood there unfazed. I mean the man's tactics sucked. His feet are planted incorrectly. I thought to myself. If something were to hit him on his head he would fall on his behind. The minute I had that thought a large bird hit him and  he toppled to the ground. He dropped his weapon and I took the chance to take it.

I looked at the bird and smiled, "Minerva! Your timing is impeccable!" I held out my arm and she landed on my fore arm. Then I looked to Corey and tossed him the man's gun. "Just in case."

Corey gulped and I looked at the groaning man. Something was in his ear, communications maybe. I looked at Minerva, "Go fetch that for me please." The owl obediently chirped and flew the ear piece to me. I squinted my eyes and put it against my ear. "Hello?" I said into the small black device.

"Who is this?" A feminine voice replied. 

"I'm a student at Starling City Middle, I think my bird knocked out your friend." I replied.

"Y-Your bird? Stay there don't move." The voice said.

"Alright just get here quickly. This guy reeks of alcohol." I tossed the ear piece on the ground.

Several minutes passed when the voice finally arrived. It was the lady in white and she seemed frantic.

"Get up Mick." The lady said while kicking her friend.

Mick groaned and patted down his coat, "Where's my gun?"

Corey waved the weapon in the air and Mick got up and grabbed it harshly.

The lady sighed, "Look kid, you told me that your bird knocked Mick out?"

I nodded and Minerva cooed kinda like if she could understand the lady.

"Look I need your bird." The lady said.

My eyes went wide. Why would this strange lady want my owl? "Look Lady if you want my bird I'm coming with." I told her.

Corey stepped beside me, "I'm coming too! I know who this criminal guy is."

"So does 1/2 the country. " the Lady in white spoke, "Also under no circumstances are you two kids coming with us!"

Corey sighed "Look, that man over there," He pointed to Mick, "is my cousin's crime partner. If he's here that means that Leonard is here too. I haven't seen him in a year, I just wanna make sure he's alright."

The lady looked at Mick with remorse and caved, "Fine. but hurry up. If we leave without you we're not coming back."

"Deal!" Corey and I said at the same time.

End of Scene 1