two

Honestly I had no idea who these people were. They tend to be- how do I put this softly? Completely deranged and impulsive. Also fidgety, their whole demeanor changed when Corey had mentioned Leonard Snart. I looked over at Corey, who was looking around in his school bag for something.  

"Mint?"  He said holding out his hand towards me.

"Sure." I blankly replied taking the candy from his hand and popped it into my mouth. 

We were walking for what seemed to be hours and we reached an empty field. 

"Here we are!" The lady in white said. I looked at Mick, confused, and he just stood there stiffly.

"Just wait." He said and pressed a button revealing a vessel large enough to house an orphanage and trust me with today's meta-filled world there are a lot of orphans.             

"Whoa."  Corey and I sighed at the same time as the ship door opened.

"Come on!" Mick shouted as he and the lady walked toward the door. Corey, Minerva, and I followed the two into the amazing machinery.    

The door shut behind the five and a loud voice boomed in the room.

"Welcome back, Mr. Rory and Captain Lance." 

"Hey Gideon, tell the others to meet me out on the brig." The captain sternly said.

"What was that?" Corey asked.

"My name is Gideon. I am the Waverider's Artificial Conscience. It's nice meet you Mr. Miller and Ms. Agnes." Gideon spoke. A.I.s can speak right? I debated weather or not they could  as I walked with the two adults towards the brig. 

As I walked in I saw a group of people who had, honestly, only a little potential to being great. I scanned the room recognizing a group of people definitely nerding out in the corner. Raymond Palmer, CEO of PalmerTech, Martin Stein, the second greatest scientist alive (right after me of course), and Nathaniel Haywood. I did a double take and nearly choked on my mint. NATHANIEL HAYWOOD? I had always admired his studies and in my opinion he is one of the greatest historians of all time. I walked towards the group.

"Hey I just wanted to say I'm a huge fan of your work!" I said obviously saying it towards the historian.

"Thank you, I'm flattered." Martin and Raymond said at the same time. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I was talking about Mr. Haywood." I grinned.

"Really? Me?" Nathaniel said uncertainly. 

"Yes, you! I really admire your detailed studies about World War 2!" What can I say? War history always intrigued me. I continued to talk to Nathaniel about his work before the whole- Space Pirate Thing?

+++

"Captain we have found a quite large aberration in Chicago, Illinois, October 17th in the year 1927." 

"That's fantastic!" Martin said. Then his comrade hit him in the chest. "I-I mean I've always wanted to visit the roaring 20's right in the middle of Prohibition."

"That means no drinking. That's not good." Mick grunted towards the physicist. 

"Well actually under Capone, Chicago was a hot bed of vice. There was Illegal drinking, gambling, prostitution." Nathaniel said pointing at Mick when he said the last word.

"Well, then, lets fire up a tub and get there." Mick exclaimed. I mentally gagged. This man is only going because some ladies are selling their bodies. Gross.

The captain completely ignored Mick and smiled, "Grab your fedoras cause we are going to the 1920's!"

"We're taking the children? Are you sure that is wise?" Martin said to the Captain.

"Yeah Sara, who are they anyway?" Raymond said.

Mick pointed to Corey, "Snart's cousin," hen he pointed to me, "she owns a magic bird."

"My 'magic bird' has a name you know." I told the gruff man.

"Oh I'm sorry, I meant Mineral or whatever it was." He spat

"It's not Mineral, it's-"

"Minerva, like the Roman god of Wisdom and War." The historian said cutting me off.

"Exactly like the Roman goddess!" I smiled, "It was the only name she'd answer to." 

"I guess that settles it they're coming." Sara smiled. "Strap in. Did we tell you about the side effects?" She laughed

Raymond sighed, "I'll get the bucket."

+++

The Waverider came to a stop and Sara looked at me and Corey.

"You two good?" She asked.

"Yeah, what side effects are the 'sposed to be?" Corey then questioned

The other lady on the ship looked at us. She seemed to be the only one here with a sense of poise. "They must have hard stomachs."

The rest of they crew agreed and listened as Sara told them the plan.

I was left on the ship with Sara and Corey. This thing was huge. I walked around aimlessly and walked in the room attached to the brig. It was filled with artifacts from all time periods. Helmets, swords, and even coins from all around the world. They were beautiful. One item caught my eye, a deer bone with holes in it.

"Greece, 35,000 years ago. It was the original captain's." Sara said from behind me.

"May I?" I asked gesturing towards the flute. Sara nodded her head and I picked it up. The second my hand touched the surface the world was spinning and my vision went blurry. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I wasn't on the Waverider. I wasn't sure where I was.

"Look what I have made! Listen to it's beautiful sound!" I said to the people around me. Well I didn't say it, but the words did come from my mouth. It didn't make sense.

The people looked at me intensely and a beautiful tall woman walked towards me, "Play it for us. Play it so the whole world must hear your sound."

I put the flute to my mouth and blew. I blew so hard that my cheeks expanded full of air. The people laughed at me and the tall lady looked at me disappointed. 

"That wasn't very goddess like. You should feel ashamed." She scolded. I did feel ashamed. I also felt embarrassed.  I ran from the people and came to a forest and looked in a stream. I puffed out my cheeks and threw the flute away in disgust. They were right it was un-goddess like of me. I blinked and I was back on the Wave rider.

"Kid?" I heard Sara say as my eyes fluttered open.

I groaned at the bright lights around me, "Sara?"

She smiled at me, "Are you okay? You were out for a while."

I furrowed my eyebrows and told her about my dream. At least I thought it was a dream and she asked me a pressing question,

"Do you believe in past lives?" 

End of  Scene 2