five

"Old buddy, old pal!" Ray said while running up to Mick and I, "New news, I found rat droppings in my room."

"And your're telling me this because?" Mick grunted in response.

"'Cause rats follow crumbs. Crumbs you drop anytime you eat anything." I looked down at my granola bar in my hand and suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore. I hit Mick on the arm and offered him the rest that was left. He gladly took it.

He bit into the bar then dramatically waved it in the air, "Then what would you have me do? Use a knife and fork?"

Ray furrowed his eyebrows, "I would have you clean up after yourself. We've been all over time. That rat could have bubonic plague." He hit Mick on the chest like a puppy scratching your leg for a treat.

"Dude!" I yelled. Mick grabbed Ray's hand and twisted it behind his back.

Ray grunted, "I've overstepped. I see that now." Mick let him go and we walked away.

"See what did I tell you, it hurts more when you don't dislocate their hand." I whispered. Mick pushed me to the side slightly and grunted. I rubbed my arm and laughed, "You jerk."

+++

"This is a trap. It's Chicago all over again. Thawne and his buddies are trying to lure us into 1776." Sara said in the brig.

"Very effectively, I might add." Stein replied as Mick and I fully entered the room.

"Yeah." Mick said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"You wish to speak, Mr. Rory? I noticed the death of our forefather hasn't diminished your appetite." Stein joked with sass. 

"Mm," Mick grunted, "Washington's a punk."

"He led America to independence and became it's first President." Stein remarked.

"Great guy huh? Illegally trading slaves, using their teeth in his own mouth," Amaya and Jax shifted uncomfortably, "and can't forget the time he bought his votes to be in the 1758 Virginia House of Burgess!" I snarkily replied. 

"Well, without Washington, America wouldn't have democracy. Or 'Hamilton.'" Ray answered to me.

Mick grunted, "If Washington's so cool way is he on the $1 bill and Franklin is on the $100 bill? Now he's cool." 

"He is cool, but he didn't lead the troops across the Delaware in a sneak attack. Washington did. And, if that offensive fails, the American Revolution fails, and the United States ceases to exist." Nate commented.

Sara's voice peaked into the bunch, "Like I said, trap."

"So we don't go?" I asked.

"No, we go. We just have to be careful. Let's buckle up."

"Wait, how do we even know where to find Washington?" Amaya questioned.

"The night before crossing the Delaware, he would have been in Pennsylvania at the home of William Keith." Nate answered, "Keith would have thrown a Christmas banquet for Washington and his men."

"A secret mission on Christmas Eve!" Ray smiled.

"Congratulations Mick, you have just become a private in the U.S. army. Nat, you'll be his daughter." Sara turned, "Nate, Amaya, you two will pose as wealthy newlyweds eager to make a contribution to the revolutionary cause. Jax and Stein, quarterback the mission from the ship. At the first sign of trouble, you FireStorm up. Ray, I need you to miniaturize down in the ATOM suit and give Nat that thing you where working on."

Mick let out suppressed laughs, "He's going to be a toy in a stocking."

"Alright, let's go save America." Sara smirked.

+++

After we timed jumped and got in costume Ray showed me the project he's been working on.

"It's called the Ocular Wavelength Legitifire or The O.W.L. I thought the name was on brand for you." Ray smiled.

"What does it do?" I asked.

"I'm glad you asked," He put the circular device on the skin behind my ear and turned it on, "It gives you night vision and talons."

"How ? Wouldn't that hurt?"

"Well you see the device I put behind your ear is filled with Dark Matter particles. I've tweaked them to do the functions of the OWL while its online. Your DNA just has to be compatible." He explained.

"Cool." I smirked.

+++

I walked in the banquet beside Mick and I guess Ray.

"A Christmas banquet in 1776! This is so-" Ray was cut off by Mick and I.

"Stupid." We both grumbled.

"Where's your guys' Christmas spirit?" Ray asked.

"Ho-ho-ho." Mick bluntly stated as I hit a bell on the coat of a man we walked pass. I could tell Ray was half satisfied with that answer as he flew off Mick's hat. I didn't care. I hated Christmas. At school kids would tell stories of what they did on that day. Opened presents, spent time with their family, some, even would dress up. Not me. My dad barely cared to buy me birthday gifts, let alone Christmas gifts.

It wasn't long before Sara got eyes on Washington. She barely knew the thirteen colonies. I had to mentally face palm when she said she came from 'the first one.'

"General Washington, we have to go." Sara told him assertively, "I don't have time to explain, but your life is in danger." Guns fired and all hell broke loose.

Mick fired his gun at a group of red army soldiers and Sara tried to convince Washington to leave. But, he seemed to be quite stubborn. 

"I will not retreat!" Washington stated while planting his ground. Sara held her gun to his chest.

"I insist." She smiled.

Mick pointed his gun at him and I retracted my newly found talons.

"Georgie, out the back, now." Mick said.

"You are a most unusual woman." Washington told Sara.

We walked the general out the door to be met with unexpected visitors.

"Rip? Rip!" Sara called out for the opponent, "How did you get here?"

"I don't like this." Mick whispered and I nodded my head.

"Rip." Sara called out once more.

"Hello, Sara." Rip said. Next thing we know British soldiers are surrounding us. Rip pulls out a gun and shoots Sara in the stomach.

"No!" I took my hand and felt her wound.

"Good bye, Sara." Rip announced.

"You son of a bitch!" Mick screamed at him.

"Mr. Rory, we meet again. I would mind your language however, there seems to be children present." He smiled at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I asked.

"On the contrary, young one, nothing has been more right!" Rip reached a hand to Sara's face, "If anything, we're a bit more alike now, aren't we?" He paused. "Take them away!"

Look, I just met this 'Rip' guy, and I already want to kill him. 

The human restraints are the only hting stopping me.

End of Scene 5