three

It's been one week since I've seen the Legends. I had to hold my tongue about the wonders I've seen. If I told anyone they would have put me in a shrink. Though since my dream about that deer bone flute I have considered going to see a professional. I hadn't seen Corey Miller since the Legends too. I don't think he's been to school all week either. But why do I care? Quick answer I don't. All I care about right now is my grandma. She lives in Central City, home of the Flash. I'm visiting her for a couple days, only me though. My dad and step-mom are working and Robert isn't technically her grandson. 

+++

I felt the cool breeze brush against my shoulder like an old friend. That's the thing about this city. Everything here was my home for the next few days. I liked it here, it gave me freedom. I could walk where I wanted when I wanted without being hassled by my father. I walked to my favorite coffee shop in the city. I wanted to get doughnuts and hot coco before I see my grandmother. I ordered and ate my food at a table for one. To others I looked extremely lonely, but to me I feel less alone with fewer people. I could hear the conversations of people everywhere. The lady next to me, was in the middle of a hard divorce and the two people walking in from the back door were bickering about one bringing the other back to 2017. Wait. I looked up to find Jefferson and Martin looking for a colleague. You've got to be kidding me. I get away from the city they left me in and they come here. I watch as they sit with a girl and Martin pulls out what looks to be an amulet. I then make my move, I speed walk towards the three and sit next to Jefferson.

"What's up guys! I haven't seen you in, what, a week?" I say smirking.

The girl looks at Martin and asks, "Dad who's this?"

"She's uh-" He stammers

"She's my cousin." Jefferson said. I gave him a look that said 'nice save'. I looked at the amulet in closer detail.

"Is that the Longinus Medallion?" I asked in awe.

"How'd ya know?" Jefferson replied.

"I did a project based off it when I was younger. If you can somehow send a shortwave of ionic pulses it would open the mechanism and reveal something like a travel sized planetarium." I smiled.

Martin's daughter reached in her bag for something. A remote like device was reveled and she held it to the amulet.

"Is that an ionic transmographer? I've never seen one smaller than a house!" Martin said astonished.

"Yeah, I had an idea for hyperminiturization when I was in Tahiti. I don't vacation well." The physicist's daughter explained. She sent a pulse to the amulet and a red graph was spread across the ceiling.

"You've got to put that away. Do you know how many people are looking for that?" I told the three.

"She's right." Martin scooped the amulet in his hand and they all stood up, "Come on." 

"You want me to come?" I asked and the two boys nodded.

"You seem to know a lot about the amulet and I think we could use all the help we can get." Jefferson said grabbing my hand and then we ran towards the Waverider.

+++

Lily, I found her name to be, was baffled at the sight of the time ship. "A temporal navigation vessel. I--I absolutely can't believe it."

Nathaniel and Amaya walked out from the study, "Um, hello, who are you?" Nathaniel asked.

"Oh, hi. Hi, I'm Lily. I'm Martin's daughter." Lily stated.

Amaya turned to Martin, "We didn't know Martin had a daughter."

"Yeah, you told me you didn't have kids." Nathaniel agreed.

"Well I like to keep my private life private." Martin told the two.

"There's private and then there's lying. Sara did you know about this?" The historian Asked the Captain.

"Oh, I know all about this." Sara replied.

"Well, while we're on the topic about kids." I spoke from the corner.

"Natalia?" The three time travelers asked at the same time.

"I thought we took you home. What are you doing here?" Sara asked sternly.

"Well I saw Jefferson and Martin at Jitters and-"

Sara raised her voice, "And what?  Left your family so they can, I don't know, kidnap you?" Everyone on the brig started arguing so I yelled out.

"I KNOW WHAT THE AMULET DOES!" I shouted. They all fell silent.

"What? What does it do?" Amaya asked me. 

"It's like a map, or more specifically, like a GPS." I told them. 

"A map to what?" Sara said.

"A map to The Spear of Destiny."

End of scene 3