Fullmetal Alchemist Musical Rough Tracklist Part 2 Act One

My descriptions suck but it's fine

1. "The Way of Fort Briggs"- Olivier, Al, Ed, Buccaneer, Miles, Ensemble. Badass act opener introducing the Briggs squad. Probably reminiscent of something like I'll Make a Man out of You.

2. "Choices"- Bradley and Riza. I really like the idea of this song. This is during the scene when Bradley discusses his past with Riza while she is "captive" as his assistant. Most of it would be a solo for him (I'd dig something really low and dark like His Kiss, the Riot from Hadestown especially since Patrick Page is my dream Wrath), but Riza would have a few lines at the end (possibly in counterpoint, oOh) hinting at how the one thing the Furher got to choose is the one thing she can't- who she can love.

3. "Colors and Carnage"- Villain song for Kimblee. Would be super theatrical with some metal flourishes- IMAGINE THE LIGHTING

4. "The Way of Fort Briggs Reprise"- Solo for Olivier!!! This would be for the (iconic) scene where she kills general Raven. Short, but powerful. Olivier said ALTO RIGHTS

5. "Part of You"- Solo for Greedling. This is another one of my favorite ideas I have. One of my favorite musical theatre songs is Confrontation from Jekyll and Hyde, a duet between the two titular heroes with one actor singing both parts. I would love to do this for Greedling. This would be after Greed unknowingly kills his former friend, and I'd love to do something dark and complex emphasizing the conflict between the two characters.

6. "From the Shadows"- Pride, Riza, Roy some at the end. It would start off really creepy (it would be dope if we could have some basses singing Pride's lines along with him for extra NOPE), but then you would get some soft Royai at the end with him calling her.

7. "Breaking the Cycle"- Solo for Scar. Fairly self explanatory. Scar realizes that the only way for him to be at peace is for him to help save Amestris...def a ballad

8. "I Refuse"- Another solo for Ed! Maybe not super long but epic nonetheless. This is when he gets impaled by the steel pole. Starts quietly intense and I'd love to have an insane high note at the end when they pull it out and he's screaming.

9. "What I Never Got to Be"- Hohenheim and Al, probably Hohenheim mostly. A really sweet song about Hohenheim's happiness at finally getting to be something close to a father to Alphonse.

10. uuuuh I wanna put a dope villain song for Father and the Homunculi here but I really wasn't sure what to call it

11. "Don't Die"- Roy, Riza, Olivier, etc. This will cover the preparations for The Promised Day as Team Mustang and the Briggs soldiers assemble their forces. Badass. That's all I really know. Probably a couple reprises somewhere in there?

12. "The Trap"- Hohenheim, Pride, Al, Kimblee, etc. Covers Kimblee's death and when Al and Hohenheim trap Pride in the dome of rock. I would love for the act to end with the repeating, amplified sounds of Pride tapping Alphonse's helmet and then cut to black.