Chapter 1 - The Device

"My friends, the years we witnessed together and experienced we face. It's hard to believe that after all these years we still can communicate throughout the realms. It feels like yesterday the day before I left that started the journey home."

Police lights were going off as the Ninjas of Earth had just caught a gang of thieves stealing from the bank. "Thanks again ninja for your help. These guys won't even bother trying to break out knowing you'll be watching." said the police commissioner.

"It's the least we can do." said the Golden Ninja, he was wearing a golden hoodie with a hidden mask. It had a green outline of a dragon with his teeth as the string to tie the hoodie together.

"And we will make sure we do whatever it takes to make sure that there won't be any more crime." said the Lava Ninja, he had the same voice as the Golden Ninja but little did the police know the Golden Ninja was from another realm.

"Well how about you take the rest of the night off, I'm sure some of you will need some sleep before work." said the police commissioner eyeing the Wind, Water, and Ice Ninja.

"Can he give us a little bit of time being late?" whispered the Water Ninja.

"Apparently not." responded the Wind Ninja.

Suddenly, a device used by the thieves activated and blasted the Golden Ninja. It sucked some of his element out of him before the Fire and Earth Ninjas sealed it and destroyed it. "You're alright?" asked the Fire Ninja helping the Golden Ninja up to his feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine." said the Golden Ninja, he walked up to another one on the ground and picked it up. "How did it do that?" he asked himself.

As the remainder of the police cars leaves with the thieves, the ninja and the commissioner examine the devices and what remains of the one that activated. "This technology has mine fingerprints of my device on it," said Caleb the Lava Ninja.

"How? We destroy all your plans and research," said Cole the Earth Ninja.

"The only research that is still accessible is the computer in my warehouse," said Connor the Golden Ninja.

"Then how did they get it?" asked Jay the Lightning Ninja.

The commissioner examines the destroyed device a little more closely. "Hey Caleb, remember Ex-principal Zoltare Chu told you the day before the Rival Games?" he asked.

"Yeah, why are you bringing that up Jack?" asked Caleb. Last fall Caleb was brainwashed and was used to compete against his friends that he didn't know at the time.

"You don't think he had access to your research before he got fired," said Jack all of the ninja realized this possibility.

"He would make a likely candidate," said Blizzare the Snow Ninja.

"What about Hatred and Fear?" suggested Lloyd the Stone Ninja.

"They've been quiet since before the Rival Games," said Morro the Wind Ninja.

"So they could be," said Striker.

"Their style is spreading fear and hatred, they won't use these," said Connor examining a workable device.

"So we agree, Zoltare Chu is responsible for supplying them with these," said Gasly the Gas Ninja.

"I'll have men looking for him in this town and the city," said Jack.