12 • missed call

Previously On Triplets Apart 2:
Jada's family obsesses over a mysterious dream she had. It resulted in David visiting Tariq to tell him to stay away from his daughter.

•••

With closed eyes, Jada smiles to herself at the smell of the cinnamon muffin. She's still unsure if it's the smell or taste that she loves, or the fact that Tariq helped her made them.

Opening her mouth and then closing it back, she strides to the refrigerator to grab an apple juice. Turning on her heels, her eyes land on Amy's small figure entering the kitchen. She looks displeased, her hands folded over her chest.

Jada's brows crease in thought as she studies her little sister, what troubles her now? She's always happy. And she's always running instead of walking.

Amy climbs up, settling herself on a seat around the island, resting her elbows on the surface and her cheeks in her palms. She pouts. She sighs deeply, urging Jada to pay attention to her.

Noticing her, Jada takes a seat beside the child. "Hey Amy. What's wrong?"

"It's Alex. He's gone." She whines.

"Gone? Where?" Jada asks.

"His mommy came back for him."

David made sure that Alex's mom, Kate, went to rehab to clear up her small drug abuse, after Rebeca used and blackmailed her to leak information and if she didn't oblige, Rebecca threatened to have child services take Alex away. The president took it upon himself to help her after she confessed to leaking information about him and the reason why she did it. He promised to keep Alex safe and recommended the best rehabilitation centre. Seems like she's back now.

"Don't worry pudding, you'll see Alex again." Jada extends an arm to Amy, lifting her to sit on her lap.

"I will?" Her little voice laced with hopefulness. She starts playing in Jada's hair, something she seems to always do as soon as she's in her sister's lap.

"Of course."

"He's my best friend."

"Well, I can be your best friend too."

"Really? I can have more than one?"

"The word best usually means one but doesn't mean you can't have as many best friends as you like."

"Well, best friends tell each other secrets. Alex and I shared secrets. Tell me one of your secrets." Amy instructs.

"Well.. you know that I had a little accident and I lost my memory. That means I don't remember anything, not even myself."

"Reeeaaallyyy?"

"Yes. But I remember something."

"What's that?" Amy's asks eagerly.

"I remember you. I remember a part of when we met. The first time I saw you."

"Woowww." Amy coos.

"Tell me one of yours." Jada takes up the muffin to take a bite when she notices Amy watching her movement carefully. "You want?" She asks and Amy nods yes. "Then why didn't you just ask?"

"Because thats the last one."

"Well, that's why we share. Sharing is good." Jada breaks her muffin in half handing Amy hers but withdraws her hand before Amy receives it. "Can I have some please?"

"Can I have some please?" Amy repeats after her sister. Jada smiles in approval, handing her little sister half of her muffin, she takes a huge bite.