15 • life happened

Previously On Triplets Apart 2:
The girls attend a pool party. Apparently, Tariq is there and he wants to talk to Jada.

•••

"Be right back." Jada tells her sisters.

"Where're you going?" Amber asks.

"Um, going to find a bathroom."

"Okay. Do you need me to come with you?" Amber asks, concerned.

"No, I'm good." She assures her before disappearing between the bodies and inside the house.

"God damn." Some white guy whistles at Jada. She ignores him before he tries to pull her back.

"If you ever even think of touching me.." she warns right before his hand reaches her arm.

"Come on, don't be like that." He slurs, stepping closing to her. He rubs her shoulder.

Jada's skin crawls in disgust at the touch of the guy's hand on her. Even though he's pretty good looking like the average male model with his hair on his forehead, he still disgusts Jada. She has no interest in his looks.

"I said.." Jada punches the guy straight in the cheek, he winces as he cups his face in pain, in complete disbelief that she actually attacked him. "Do not touch me." The guy and a few other persons stare at her as she walks off, surprised that such a pretty, small girl could be so violent and short tempered.

When Jada finally makes it to the balcony, her eyes immediately spot Tariq between all those other people, although on the balcony, everyone is more scattered, more breathing space. The pool is downstairs anyways and that's what most people came here for.

She notices how amazing he looks in a blue, beach-like shorts. His v-neck, white t-shirt hugs his muscular features that captures her attention. And a pair of Givenchy slides with white, adidas socks.

It's refreshing for him seeing her in an environment like this. He's mesmerized by how sexy she looks in her swim wear, her matching cover up and her YSL fluffy, black slides.

"Hey. You didn't tell me you were coming here." He greets her with a subtle hug, an unusual feeling traveling through both of them.

"Well, maybe that's because you haven't texted or called me in almost two weeks." The words leave a sour taste on Jada's lips. Now being annoyed all over again by his actions.

"I've just.. been going through, you know." He tells her, pressing his lips in a thin line.

"Oh, I see. The last thing we spoke of was the dream that I had. I don't know if it's just me, Tariq, but ever since I told you about that, you just went ghost on me. I don't know what it meant or how you'd be involved or some shit, but if there's something you're not telling me, now's your chance." She argues, staring in his dark brows eyes and she looks away to not become weak or softened up by them.

"I don't want you overthinking, Jada. It's just.. stuff between my family and I. Things have been really twisted and hard with me lately." He tells her in a serious tone and she can't help but feel bad, even though she doesn't know what he's specifically talking about.

"You want to talk about it?"

"No. I just want to enjoy my day."

Disappointed, she frowns a little, "Well, okay. But just know that's sometimes it's good to talk to someone. Always pretending you're okay and acting like you have everything under control is not always the answer. Fighting all these battles on our own is not always the answer, Tariq. Sometimes a listening ear or a shoulder to lean on is all we need." She rubs his arm and he thinks deeply on what she said, sounding very familiar like something he once said to her.